DWP PIP letter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP PIP letter

Options
braca
braca Community member Posts: 102 Pioneering
Have received letter from DWP PIP saying we now have enough information to make decision ? I have already had decision regarding PIP review and have put in for Mandatory Reconsideration as did not agree with this, could this be PIP MR decision as now been waiting approx. 13 weeks. 

Comments

• braca
    Options
    Just had letter today from DWP PIP saying we now have all information to make decision, I find this strange as had PIP review decision December 2018 and now waiting on MR decision as did not agree with original decision. is this normal ?.
  • freckles
    freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    Options
    Yes i think there saying they have your M.R. and looking at it
  • pink_princess
    pink_princess Community member Posts: 181 Pioneering
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hi @braca

Welcome to the community ?

Sorry to hear your still waiting for an update that seems like a long time to wait.

Have you thought about ringing the the PIP helpline on 0800 121 4433 
    (
    Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm) they will able to give you more information about this.

hope this helps
  • braca
    Options
    Is it only DWP PIP case manager who looks at MR and gives decision ?.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes but a different case manager than the one that made the previous decision. Only 18% of MR decisions change.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.