Benefit Changes — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benefit Changes

Options
deejay2038
deejay2038 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
If you look up the definition of what constitutes abuse/neglect of vulnerable adults, what the UK government is doing with these disability benefit reforms fits like a  tee.
I don't know why any government in a civilised society is allowed to do what would be illegal for anyone else to do.I have no idea why it has been allowed or why the European Court of Human rights didn't stop it.

Comments

• teejays1617
    teejays1617 Community member Posts: 92 Courageous
    Options
    Totally agree with everything you have said. On a personal note which I don't mind sharing on here is with my own circumstances I have serious disabilities with my heart ,spine and neuropathic problems with my diabetes and I have been forced to pay full rent out of my benefit for over 12 months. I lost 3 stone in weight in 12 months.,searching round for food from food banks and £1 pizza from Tesco and £1
    meals from Iceland and now my local CAB are helping to take the council to a tribunal. Human rights ,the disrespect in our country has fell to an all time low.
    IAIN DUNCAN SMITH boasted about consolidating 6 benefits into 1 namely the
    Universal Credit but if I had gone over to Universal Credit I would have lost over £400
    @ month but I refused to join Universal Credit otherwise I would have lost my SDP.
    The government lied when it said no one would be worse off under Universal Credit
    and recently they had to admit that they had misled the disabled people of our country. THE TRUTH IS IAIN DUNCAN SMITH the designer of the UNIVERSAL CREDIT SYSTEM planned to destroy life supporting benefits.
    I lost my mother just before my heart attack .I don't know what she would think now
    I am close to bankrupcy ,two years from retirement age but I will hold my head up high
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    If you look up the definition of what constitutes abuse/neglect of vulnerable adults, what the UK government is doing with these disability benefit reforms fits like a  tee.
    I don't know why any government in a civilised society is allowed to do what would be illegal for anyone else to do.I have no idea why it has been allowed or why the European Court of Human rights didn't stop it.

Unfortunately the definition as used by the DWP is totally different to that as described in a dictionary
  • deejay2038
    Options
    I believe  got that definition from some social care website
  • deejay2038
    Options
    Totally agree with everything you have said. On a personal note which I don't mind sharing on here is with my own circumstances I have serious disabilities with my heart ,spine and neuropathic problems with my diabetes and I have been forced to pay full rent out of my benefit for over 12 months. I lost 3 stone in weight in 12 months.,searching round for food from food banks and £1 pizza from Tesco and £1
    meals from Iceland and now my local CAB are helping to take the council to a tribunal. Human rights ,the disrespect in our country has fell to an all time low.
    IAIN DUNCAN SMITH boasted about consolidating 6 benefits into 1 namely the
    Universal Credit but if I had gone over to Universal Credit I would have lost over £400
    @ month but I refused to join Universal Credit otherwise I would have lost my SDP.
    The government lied when it said no one would be worse off under Universal Credit
    and recently they had to admit that they had misled the disabled people of our country. THE TRUTH IS IAIN DUNCAN SMITH the designer of the UNIVERSAL CREDIT SYSTEM planned to destroy life supporting benefits.
    I lost my mother just before my heart attack .I don't know what she would think now
    I am close to bankrupcy ,two years from retirement age but I will hold my head up high
    so sorry for all that. Yeah I have been learning about UTC and how detrimental it is

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.