Positive PIP assessment ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Positive PIP assessment ?

Options
kano7481
kano7481 Community member Posts: 44 Connected
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone,

My sister suffer from severe unwarned epilepsy and she had her PIP face to face assessment yesterday , she was assessed by a young lady , and when she finished the assessor told my sister its done and you did well you can go home now and rest and she has written on a paper the name of an anti-sickness tablet to give to GP for my sister to treat the sickness she feels after taking medication , also the assessor didnt do any physical tests only questions , is this a good sign of a positive assessment ?

Thank you

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,305 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It doesn't mean anything. If your sister lives in the UK then end of next week she can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to her. This will give her some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Nools
    Nools Community member Posts: 21 Listener
    Options
    Honestly, I don't think you can tell until you've received the report. Some people report what seems like a good assessment only to find out they've gotten a bad report.
    But on the other hand, I had a good assessment and a good report. The guy who assessed me was lovely and kind.
    Try not to worry about it, and ask your sister to call up and ask for a copy of her report in a week or so.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.