Appeal response time — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appeal response time

leefren
leefren Community member Posts: 21 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone, my appeal to go to tribunal was lodged on the 8th feb and they had to respond by today, 14th March, they never and I recieved an email saying I haven't got to do nothing but wait for them to respond, they had 5 weeks to do this, I only got 4, is this allowed?

Comments

• lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Yes they did to me they do make allowances for the DWP, i know its unfair but they do let them.
  • leefren
    leefren Community member Posts: 21 Listener
    Also if I lied on my forms I would be slung off PIP,so when it's clear that Atos/capita, constantly lie, I think they should be arrested for fraud, is there a way I could bring charges to the piers in my case?
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Precisely and that is why the rogue assessors do what they do because they know they will get away with it. However there is a difference between writing their opinion and writing factual statements that can be proved false with written evidence. So saying the whole report is only their opinion is somewhat ridiculous. There is a lot of factual content about the claimants diagnoses, symptoms and their lifestyle which cannot be classed as an opinion. It is not an opinion to say someone holds a UK driving licence when they don't or that they don't have Parkinson's when they do.   
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    wildlife said:
    Precisely and that is why the rogue assessors do what they do because they know they will get away with it. However there is a difference between writing their opinion and writing factual statements that can be proved false with written evidence. So saying the whole report is only their opinion is somewhat ridiculous. There is a lot of factual content about the claimants diagnoses, symptoms and their lifestyle which cannot be classed as an opinion. It is not an opinion to say someone holds a UK driving licence when they don't or that they don't have Parkinson's when they do.   
    My report and opinion suggested that I could easily start and finish the London Marathon. Whether I can is my opinion. Whether my proven mental difficulties cause issues is again one person's opinion over another. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.