Confusion over Esa and pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confusion over Esa and pip

Options
box_of_frogs
box_of_frogs Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Morning, I've been recieving high rate care and low rate mobility DLA for 20 years. I also received SDA, can't remember when it was switched to esa, but I receive £224.10 2 weekly. I went through the pip process in October, February this year, they finally got in touch to say that I had been awarded no mobility and standard daily living. I sent off a mandatory reconsideration shortly after and heard yesterday that the award had been changed to the enhanced rate for both components. I was due an esa payment Monday, (which shows on my account on Saturday morning, always has done for the last 10 years) 
Theres been no payment made. Obviously, I'll ring them first thing Monday morning but just wondering if anyone has any idea what's going on. Have I lost my esa because my pip entitlement has gone up?, or will it need to be re calculated as a change in circumstances. 
Obviously, like anyone who has to rely on benefits to live, i live week to week and I'm now panicking about my budgeting.
Apologies for the essay but I'd appreciate any advice or words of wisdom.
Thanks smile

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It's most likely a simple error and nothing more. Sometimes when an award of another benefit is given it can temporary stop another benefit but there's nothing at all to worry about. Your ESA will remain the same and won't be affected. Give them a ring Monday and if it hasn't been paid they can do a same day payment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • box_of_frogs
    box_of_frogs Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated! 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.