Oh no, not another IB to ESA query! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Oh no, not another IB to ESA query!

Thank you for allowing me to join your forum.

I am one of the many who was sent an IB3 form last year asking for info between April 2012 and May 2016. I was only claiming IB, and wasn't claiming DLA etc. But, I was living alone, no other income, no savings and with an existing claim for HB and CTR.

My question is, do I need to have been claiming other qualifying benefits to qualify for the underpayment, or was being placed incorrectly in the CB ESA instead of IR enough?

Thank you

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome

There is no need to post your question multiple time, it can lead to confusion. If possible please delete all but one
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • All_the_gear_no_idea
    All_the_gear_no_idea Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    I can't seem to find a way to delete the posts. I am new here. I didn't intend to post multiple times, the website through up various 'gateway errors' while I was attempting to post my comment. I didn't realise it had posted.
    Sorry
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    No problem, at the top of your post onthe right is an edit button
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • All_the_gear_no_idea
    No problem, at the top of your post onthe right is an edit button
    I can only edit the txt?
  • All_the_gear_no_idea
    Not the best start, but can anyone help with my query about the underpayment?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,934 Disability Gamechanger
    No, you don't need to be claiming any other benefits to qualify for the Income related top up on ESA. The Enhanced disability premium is automatically paid when claiming Income related ESA in the Support Group. This payment is £16.40 extra per week from April 2018 (less in previous years)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • All_the_gear_no_idea
    No, you don't need to be claiming any other benefits to qualify for the Income related top up on ESA. The Enhanced disability premium is automatically paid when claiming Income related ESA in the Support Group. This payment is £16.40 extra per week from April 2018 (less in previous years)
    Thank you

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.