Advice on PIP appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice on PIP appeal

Options
Paul58
Paul58 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I'm going through the process of appeal I had a face-to-face assessment review because I was already getting pip enhanced rate care and standard rate mobility for aspergers anxiety dyslexia & dyspraxia assessor completely lied about everything she said that I was calm of good voice and so on I had no mental impairment and to talk and showed no signs of anxiety which is impossible I can't interact with people I don't know she scored me no points at all so now have to go to appeal but I only have my old diagnosis of aspergers and anxiety  dyspraxia & dyslexia what am I asking the group is that I only have old  evidence to support my appeal and a new letter that my doctor wrote for me confirming my diagnosis and that's all I've got I hope someone can help because I don't know what else to do as it is I'm so stressed can't sleep at night or anything just wondering how this woman could be so cruel and blatantly lie I did consider writing a complaint to DWP and capita but then I thought  What would be the point it's my word and my ex wives word against the healthcare professional there might be some odd words in here because I've had two dictate it over the phone 
I don't know if it's the right place to post but if not forgive me because I've just joined

Comments

• annedh
    annedh Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Hi Paul  I have just joined too. Most appeals over turn the bad decisions that these unqualified people make. I am so sorry you have been through this. Get new GP letter clearly  stating all your conditions are life long.  It stinks that your so worried you can't sleep. Go see your GP about that as lack of sleep will make everything worse.aye be you can't see a therapist for sleep problems and at appeal use that evidance  too.  TAKE CARE  PAUL.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Paul58 and welcome

What stage are you at ?
    Have you asked for/got a copy of the assessment report ?
    Have you asked for an MR ?

Although the misrepresentations are never a good thing, you need to concentrate on showing that you meet the criteria for an award. To do this you need to give 2-3 examples of what happened last time you attempted each activity, keeping a daily diary is also a good idea. An assessment is based on a snap shot of your life, a diary can help to paint a fuller picture
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Paul58
    Paul58 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi cockney Rebel
     Thank you for your reply at the moment I've had my reconsideration and lost no surprise there so now it's down the appeal route no I haven't asked for my Mr report is this medical records
    I should have to get them off a DWP also the diary is a good idea because my memory is not good I can't remember anything but my ex-wife will come to appeal with me so she can remind me as well hopefully  the panel will see the real me and understand my problems  
    Thanks for the advice much appreciated

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.