Requested report of my assessment 2 weeks ago — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Requested report of my assessment 2 weeks ago

johnsmith1
johnsmith1 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
just to find out that the assessor scored me 1 point for daily living and 0 for mobility. But I’m still waiting for  for dwp to send me a letter. I am also a full time student studying a degree, so that means if I lose my pip I lose muy esa!

can someone help me out?

Comments

• lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Esa is completely seperate to Pip so no you wont lose it.
    Wait for your award letter and if you didnt score anything you can do a Mandatory Reconsideration.
    Hope that helps.
  • johnsmith1
    Wait for your award letter and if you didnt score anything you can do a Mandatory Reconsideration.
    Hope that helps.
    Thank you Linda. 

I received an an letter from: Personal Independence payment a day after my assesment and it says

yearly update

the rates of pip are looked at every year and from 8th of april 2019

you will receive.........

Did I pass my assessment?
  • lindadenise
    Hi, was you on PIP already? If so its just a standard letter everyone receives, i doubt it was you new award.

• johnsmith1
    Hi, was you on PIP already? If so its just a standard letter everyone receives, i doubt it was you new award.

Yes since 2016
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger

This is incorrect for Students. They can't claim ESA unless they have a PIP/DLA award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Everyone receives a yearly letter this time of year. They usually go with the report, it's very rare to go against it. Once the decision is made, if you're not happy then you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the Mandatory Reconsideration.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • johnsmith1

This is incorrect for Students. They can't claim ESA unless they have a PIP/DLA award.
    If my pip is refused will my esa be automatically stopped?
  • poppy123456
    Yes it will automatically stop if you're a full time student and claiming Income related ESA. Full time students can only claim Income related ESA if they're claiming PIP/DLA.

• johnsmith1
    Yes it will automatically stop if you're a full time student and claiming Income related ESA. Full time students can only claim Income related ESA if they're claiming PIP/DLA.

My claim is supposed to end in September, will the payments continue until September 2019?
  • poppy123456
    I'm afraid not, if a decision doesn't go in your favour they will end 4 weeks after the decision is made. If you're successfully awarded then you'll have a new award date.
  • lindadenise
    Sorry i did not know Esa stops if you lose PIP i was just going on what i get.
    Poppy is more experienced to advise you on that.
    Goodluck
  • poppy123456
    Sorry i did not know Esa stops if you lose PIP i was just going on what i get.
    Poppy is more experienced to advise you on that.
    Goodluck
    Only if you're a full time student. If you're not then it doesn't stop the ESA. Students and benefits are extremely complicated.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @johnsmith1 If you really believe you should have been given more points by your assessor, you can make a complaint to the assessment provider before you get your decision. They have 20 days to reply from receiving it. Then if you do an MR just mention you have complained. Don't make a big thing of it to DWP as they will only be interested in reviewing your claim but they will know you're not happy with the way your assessment was carried out.  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.