How likely is it the dwp will appeal against the decision and how long if they don't? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How likely is it the dwp will appeal against the decision and how long if they don't?

jet14
jet14 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I received the tribunals decision 3 weeks ago-a positive one thank goodness. How likely is it the dwp will appeal against the decision and how long if they don't, will i receive my 10 months backdated pip plus continuation thereafter?

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @jet14 happy to hear it was a positive one :) Some of our members may be able to answer your question on this soon.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

DWP have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the statement of reasons. Once they receive this they must find an error in law before they can appeal. Asking for the SOR doesn't mean they will appeal. Backdated payments can take 8 weeks and will be backdated to the date of the original decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jet14
    Thankyou. Do they automatically ask for a statement of reasons or do they sometimes not?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    No, they don't always. If they do they will write to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jet14
    So really, I may hear from them in a little over a week or so re them asking for statement of reasons or , them finally paying out within approx 4 weeks. Really hope it goes smoother as can't go on like this. The waiting without the payments has affected my already fragile mental health

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.