PIP ?? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP ??

Realitychick
Realitychick Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Hi All,

I have finally received my Mandatory Reconsideration Notice and was awarded Enhanced Care & Enhanced Mobility.  I was previously on standard for both. 

I reported a change in circumstance had a F2F but remained on standard for both only increasing 2 points from 8 to 10 in mobility.  I decided to go for MR as I had new evidence from occupational therapy, which stated my need for a wheelchair & level access shower.

When reading through the MR notice, in the section where they tell you how they decided, it says “further evidence was sought from a healthcare professional with regards to the evidence I forwarded and following the receipt of a supplementary report they have changed my points”.

(Is the healthcare professional Atos/Capita?)

I am elated with the decision, but my award expires in 2021 with review 2020 and I’m now very worried that it will change once again like so many others, when I get to review.  My conditions are life long and the impacts on my daily living are likely to stay the same or get worse, so I don’t understand why the award is so short.

My question for members is, at this point if I were to appeal, could I argue the length of the award? and would it be worth it given the current wait time on appeals and when my review would take place?

Also, could anyone tell me, if I am able to obtain a copy of the supplementary report or any other information the dwp have about me. 

Thanks

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    If you appeal then your whole award will be looked at again and you could lose points.
    You can enter a subject access request for all the information DWP have
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Realitychick
    Thank you for your quick response. How do I go about requesting a subject access request.
    TIA

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    If you decide to appeal the length of the award you'll need to give evidence to prove that your conditions aren't expected to improve.

Scroll down this link to request your personal information from DWP online.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Realitychick
    Thank you.  I will have a look at the link.
    I have multiple conditions,which include lifelong, incurable,and degenerative, so will it be a matter of someone stating that the effects of these conditions are not expected to improve, as I often have read on this site that its the impact the condition has on your daily activities, rather than the condition itself, so i'm a little confused.

• twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    I have multiple conditions,which include lifelong, incurable,and degenerative, so will it be a matter of someone stating that the effects of these conditions are not expected to improve, as I often have read on this site that its the impact the condition has on your daily activities, rather than the condition itself, so i'm a little confused.

You are right. You have to demonstrate to the DWP/Tribunal that the impact caused by the disabilities is such that it is either stable at the current level or could even get worse. It is the impact that is the key, not the condition.
  • Realitychick
    twonker said:

You are right. You have to demonstrate to the DWP/Tribunal that the impact caused by the disabilities is such that it is either stable at the current level or could even get worse. It is the impact that is the key, not the condition.
    Thank you.  I will have a think and weigh up my options, as I have previously provided evidence that states my treatment and conditions are indefinite,  I just don't think its been taken into consideration. I find the entire PIP process traumatic, you're damned if you do or don't.  Its a hard choice working out if I should fight it now or wait to review and see what happens and potentially have to fight it then.

Thank you all for your support and advice  :)
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    twonker said:

Thank you.  I will have a think and weigh up my options, as I have previously provided evidence that states my treatment and conditions are indefinite,  I just don't think its been taken into consideration. I find the entire PIP process traumatic, you're damned if you do or don't.  Its a hard choice working out if I should fight it now or wait to review and see what happens and potentially have to fight it then.

I suppose you could also attack this from the opposite side. When the decision is made to ask the DWP as to what evidence they have used in giving you a short award. Do it that way then the DWP have to show the why's and what for's.
  • amyfibro
    amyfibro Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    How long did it take for you to get your reconsideration notice? Thanks
  • Realitychick
    twonker said:
    twonker said:

I suppose you could also attack this from the opposite side. When the decision is made to ask the DWP as to what evidence they have used in giving you a short award. Do it that way then the DWP have to show the why's and what for's.
    That's a good idea.  Thank you
  • Realitychick
    amyfibro said:
    How long did it take for you to get your reconsideration notice? amyfibro said:
    How long did it take for you to get your reconsideration notice? Thanks
    I waited 21 weeks.  I'm in London, I think the wait times can vary, depending where you live.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.