PIP Score — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Score

justjennie84
justjennie84 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi 

I have just been through a pip process with my mum and disagree with the outcome (She got awards standard care)

I provided Drs notes and lots of evidence but the basics of the reasoning say from the assessment they this and that 

The problem is now I don't really know what else I can provide to ask them to reconsider 

Its really unfair that for example, I have a Drs and Psychiatrist letter saying my mum has server anxiety but because we attended the meeting an answered the questions they don't agree even though they say in the report they know she had taken diazepam before arriving to calm her.

I physically do not know what else i can do 

Is there anyone i can speak to face to face to go over the result ect iv tried citizen advice but they have said be grateful we got something and not to appeal just encase 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @justjennie84
    Hello and welcome, as you know PIP is not about diagnosis, disability or medication taken these can and do give the acessor an indication of a persons abilities to meet the PIP descriptors. Many people go for their acessment and are disappointed by the results because although they are disabled an have a diagnosis and taking medication for their complaint, illnesses ect they can manage a few, some or all of the descriptors. When you fill in the application form you answered the questions relevant to each of the descriptors and this is what your F2F acessment was about to comfirm your abilities or inabilities for each of the descriptors. If you are not happy you will have 30 days to request a MR by letter as phone requests are lost in the system giving several examples for each of the descriptors you are contesting the last time or every time you preform this task.
  • justjennie84
    justjennie84 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thanks you for the advice 

We wrote all the things we couldn’t do and told the assessor that during the assessment but based on the reasoning in the response because she answered the questions they think she is fine 

The thing is it’s catch 22 sort of because if she hadn’t spoken they would have said not enough detail was given 

I’m really confused about the whole thing if I’m honest hence wanting some advice 
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    edited March 2019
    Hi @justjennie84 I am sorry to hear about the outcome the assessment. I think you should appeal if you not happy with the outcome. We have some information here on appealing their decision.

@poppy123456 Do you have any advice please?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.