Esa home visit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa home visit

Andy1234
Andy1234 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
My girlfriend had a home visit regarding her esa 5 weeks ago, we haven't heard anything yet. It's all a bit strange as she had just won her appeal for pip benefits a few weeks earlier after waiting 18 months. This esa home visit was due 2 years ago and then they just suddenly say they are coming, just as we thought everything was sorted because of pips. How long do they take to make a decision????

Comments

• Andy1234
    Andy1234 Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    How long do they take to make a decision on the esa home visit????
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's no time scales for decisions. Backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed. If you live in the UK then she can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report. This will give her some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • miracle
    miracle Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    Hi @Andy1234,  I had my first ESA decision in 2015, when they put me into the support group, If i can remember, i think it took about 9 weeks, but they backdated it to the start of my claim. I have just had to do another Face to Face assessment, 4 weeks ago, and am still waiting. Do not worry, it will get sorted, it just takes time.  All the best.....Miracle.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.