Does Pip payment stop immediately if you lose your award . — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does Pip payment stop immediately if you lose your award .

dottydotty
dottydotty Community member Posts: 321 Pioneering

Hi is it normal for PIP payment to stop immediately , on the same date as when the decision letter was  written .  

Comments

• ataloss2018
    ataloss2018 Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    I'm afraid so, but don't lose heart and appeal, ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration and if your not happy with the outcome take it to the Tribunal Service, of course all this said if you strongly believe that the decision makers are wrong 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP is paid in arrears, so you will be paid a further 4 weeks and then it will stop.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dottydotty
    Thanks . My payment stopped imediiately .  in fact it stopped one week before I received the decision letter .. Letter written   date 7th January , payment stopped 7th January .  It was a shock. 
  • dottydotty
    Poppy123456    i thought Pip was paid in arrears   . . So in effect  my payment stopped before my reassessment .., Just seems  so odd . .
  • poppy123456
    Did you have an end date on your PIP award or a review date? These are 2 totally different things. Those that have an award from a Tribunal usually have an end date. Those that have end date are sent reminders that their PIP will end 3 months prior to this, you then need to ring to re-apply. Payments for these wll end on that date, even if a decision hasn't been made. Whilst reviews are done 1 year before the award is due to end. Payments that have review dates their payments will end 4 weeks after a decision is made. Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • dottydotty
    poppy13456   My original award was for 4 years  to end June 2018. I was sent a review form AR1 in may 2017 . filled that in sent it back on time . Never heard any more until Dec2017  when I got letter from Capita  asking me to go for assessment. Had assessment 29 th Dec   got letter 14 Jan 2018 , saying my award has been stopped  from 7th December  the date the decision letter was written .   My last pip payment went into my Bank 4th Decmber 2017 , 25 days before my assement , that was my last payment , So my Pip cam to a very abrupt end . . 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi dottydotty, 

You should call PIP on 0800 121 4433 and discuss this with them. It is unfair to stop your money before you have had your assessment as appears to be the case here. But I agree with the reply in that you should ask for a mandatory reconsideration and an appeal as so many decisions are being changed in the claimant's favour at tribunals because of how poor these assessments are.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• dottydotty
    BenefitsTrainingCo     I did lodge a complaint about my assessment with Capita , I received a letter today and they have agreed  with me regarding the  factual errors ., Have rung DWP and told them a copy of my reply will be forwarded to them .In the hope that they will now listen to my comments about my assessment. I fail to see how a decision maker can make a decision on a  report that is flawed with errors ..
  • cssocks
    cssocks Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I had my pip assessment 4 weeks ago, I haven't had a decision letter but I have been paid £318 when my payments are normally £340.
    Does this mean my payments have been stopped? Or does this mean they have reduced my rate?
  • poppy123456
    cssocks said:
    I had my pip assessment 4 weeks ago, I haven't had a decision letter but I have been paid £318 when my payments are normally £340.
    Does this mean my payments have been stopped? Or does this mean they have reduced my rate?
    It could be either of those 2. It certainly sounds like a decision's been made but the only way to know for sure is to ring DWP when they open at 8 and ask what the decision is.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.