PIP Appeal Adjourned, can anyone offer experiences or advice? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Appeal Adjourned, can anyone offer experiences or advice?

Kay2512
Kay2512 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all, 
I will try to keep this as brief as possible. 
I was in receipt of DLA for years since I was a teenager, first on a 2 year award, reassessed to a 5 year award after which then brought me to August of 2017 when I was assessed to move over to PIP. 

After a face to face assessment I was awarded 2 points all together. We asked for a MR and the decision stood. We then appealed this descion which was finally brought to a hearing, yesterday. After almost 19 very long months I was so ready for this whole ordeal to be over. 

After a full on panic attack in the waiting room I was brought into the room infront of the panel to be told the appeal was being adjourned to request medical records. 

This news alone sent me into a state at the sheer thought of having to go through this all again. They explained that they had no evidence or copies of the original DLA awards and why they were awarded. Therefore meaning they had no evidence of the original period in which my conditions were diagnosed. 

The panel requested they receive my medical records from June 2015 onwards as well as the original information regarding the DLA awards.

I honestly just feel like giving up. The sheer thought of having to gear myself up to go to tribunal again fills me with dread. 

I have also also had an email today stating that the hearing did not take place as the tribunal felt they couldn’t proceed and I will be contacted by the 7th of December 2018 with a new date. I note their error that 2018 was last year, however feel that this more than likely means they meant 7/12/19- another 9 months away! 

Please if anyone could let me know if they’ve had any similar experiences or if they too think I should just call it a day rather than keeping putting myself through this hell.

Thanks 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Kay and welcome

It is your claim and only you know whether you should meet the criteria for an award. Ring the tribunal clerk for clarification of the date.
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Nools
    Nools Community member Posts: 21 Listener
    Hello,

I am so sorry you are going through this. I think if it was me I would try really hard to continue with the claim, even though it was causing me much stress and anxiety. According to others on this site most of those who attend the tribunal have a good result.

• lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    edited March 2019
    Hi i sent 3 yrs worth of medical records to the appeal off my own back, the judge thanked me for them as they like to see them.
    My original hearing was adjourned so they called read my medical records.
    So i waited another month for new date. 
    I won my appeal so it was worth it.
    Goodluck 
  • mustafaraoof
    mustafaraoof Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Hi Kay,
    please be strong and stand up do not give up
  • Kay2512
    Thank you all. I do want to try to see it through I’m just unsure if I can have this uncertainty hanging over my head until December! 
  • Kay2512
    Hi Kay and welcome

It is your claim and only you know whether you should meet the criteria for an award. Ring the tribunal clerk for clarification of the date.
    Thank you for your advice, just to update I had my appeal hearing today & was thankfully successful. 
  • Kay2512
    Nools said:
    Hello,

I am so sorry you are going through this. I think if it was me I would try really hard to continue with the claim, even though it was causing me much stress and anxiety. According to others on this site most of those who attend the tribunal have a good result.

Thank you for your advice, just to update I had my appeal hearing today & was thankfully successful.  
  • Kay2512
    Hi i sent 3 yrs worth of medical records to the appeal off my own back, the judge thanked me for them as they like to see them.
    My original hearing was adjourned so they called read my medical records.
    So i waited another month for new date. 
    I won my appeal so it was worth it.
    Goodluck 
  • Kay2512
    Hi Kay,
    please be strong and stand up do not give up
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations @Kay2512, this is great news! Thank you for letting us know!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.