Swifty Buggy Help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Swifty Buggy Help

wrighty81
wrighty81 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello everyone

We have just received a Swifty buggy for our daughter and after looking on the manufacterers website found the raincovers and sun hood are quite expensive.  We have tried the universal cover in Mothercare but that didn't fit.
Can anyone recommend somewhere to find a raincover or just the sun hood that fits this buggy please

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Kate_Scope
    Kate_Scope Scope Posts: 74 Pioneering
    Hi @wrighty81
    I know lots of people who used Argos universal buggy covers and they managed to fit on the Swifty. 
    some of my friends used double buggy covers and managed to alter them to fit. 

I will be honest, I went to my local Outdoor store and bought my daughter a two-piece suit, that had over trousers and a large jacket (like Golf waterproofs I suppose) to cover her if it rained and to save her clothes, her hand function is not to bad so she could use an umbrella. 

There are a few groups on Facebook that sell special needs equipment second hand and with a quick search, I am sure you can find these. 

Goodluck 
    Kate 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 27 Connected
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    @renacahill said on another post:

"Just to let you know if you have a Swifty SN buggy.
    We got one from wheelchair services and it is fab for sitting and elli loves it. The price of the hood and raincover was around £200 and even getting one made specially to fit was £70. But.. Argos sell one which fits. It is £16.99 and a universal raincover which has a firm frame so does not need a hood to keep its shape. It specifically states 'for wider buggies' and has an adjustable clip to keep it attached. It fits perfectly and has saved a load of money, so just thought I'd share."
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 27 Connected
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Jean Eveleigh
    Jean Eveleigh Scope Member Posts: 183 Pioneering
    you can also get some cheaper ones new or second hand on ebay
  • wrighty81
    wrighty81 Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Brightness