I have been reading here for sometime now — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have been reading here for sometime now

Options
faithleap
faithleap Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi
I have been reading here for sometime now. About 4 years ago I got an illness and my Dr mentioned PIP so I made a claim. Six weeks later it cake back with care amd mobility. I didn’t think I stood a chance because not long before then my son was transferred from DLA to PIP  I’d claimed it when my son was in nursery in a special school. However they refused it, he is adult now and didn’t really have a life anymore because I couldn’t work and I couldn’t afford to take him to meet his disabled friends in the pub slowly every one stopped asking him. We live a few miles from the nearest shop so he’s fairly isolated anyway. 
Although we disagreed with the decision my son didn’t want to go to tribunal he was terrified when he was interviewed at home.  He has nervous twiches he can not control he finds tasks quite difficult to complete not to mention dangerous. 
Then 3 weeks ago I found out he was getting his PIP back I had no clue. 

I do understand that there is also a problem with ESA too.

Before I got ill I worked as a health professional in the NHS.  I used to triage people forward for treatment. Mostly I got disappointment because they had a need, sometimes I got abuse. 
I got a call this morning relating to his ESA I’m not exactly sure how but they somehow failed to assess him.  Who knows.  He was very polite and asked me about things I had no clue about on the form I filled in.  I was very polite back.  He really thanked me for it too and added he hoped all his calls were that easy. Easy? I haven’t a clue what is going on but my son is owed money. 

i really wanted to say here how much strength I’ve gained from this site. It’s such a horrible place to be waiting for PIP review because I was myself for 9 or 12 weeks.  

I alsi wanted tp afd that perhaps phoning  less often just in case it does slow them down?  There are thousands of people working on this and more being taken on as I speak. It’s so unfair and sad reading between the lines here.  Unfortunately they don’t care until you are in our position you’ll never know what it’s really like. 
Thank you for the silent support you’ve all given to me, my hope is that I can send as many positives to people in the same position who have come out on the other side.

Really cuddly warm and fluffy regards 

v

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome to the community @faithleap . Thank you for sharing this with us and we appreciate your kind words. 

I am sorry to hear about this. You may find our ESA page useful, if you feel the need to call you should as long as you've given them a reasonable time in between. I appreciate you being considerate of their time. I hope it all goes well for your son.

Please keep us updated. :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this with us @faithleap, we're so glad this community has helped you in some way and of course if you ever need any advice please don't hesitate to ask.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.