PIP help - Crohns Depression Anxiety — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP help - Crohns Depression Anxiety

Nisi
Nisi Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello i am new to this, yet feel i am need of some emotional & PIP help. I have had Chrones / Ulcerative colitis depression, anxiety, all of my life, to the point of trying to take my own life ! i am getting very close to that again, i am battling with what FEELS like no-one is listening ??
I stay away from the doctors & manage my physical conditions, with medication, & plenty of rest, i do however go to mental health regually as i am effected mentally by my physical. All of my life, my mind & body has dictated to me, how or what i can or cannot do ??? i did have DLA indefinate, now PIP has rolled in, i am under what feels like inspection!! For what feels like an invisible disease, unless i am in full blown attack which usually happens at night ! When i was MANIC, i suffer from Borderline Personality Disorder also, i phoned up ATOS & said should someone come to my door for a F2F[edited by moderator] !!!! I have not been struck off yet, but i fear i am going to have to have a F2F which scares the life out of me !!!! Anyone on here had a F2F ??? can u help me in any way ????

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Nisi welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear this, you may like to chat with our senior community Officer, @Sam_Scope who has IBS and Ulcerative Colitis.

If you are having thoughts of self harm or suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/suicidal-feelings/helping-yourself-now

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

F2F assessments can be daunting but we can help you prepare for them :)

Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Nisi
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Nisi

Welcome it’s great to see this Morning!!!!!

I am one off a team of Community Champion’s on Scope.

We are all here to help/support any new members.

We have got some good info and advice on here.

There is a number of “members” who are/ have been through the (PIP Process)

I have just started my “PIP Journey”

(GREAT)

Yes I have also got “Hidden Disabilities” 
    as well.

“Please Please Please” come back to me if you need any “HELP” 

@steve51

• Nisi
    Hello Steve thank you for your reply ? not sure what to say, feeling lost & muddled ( also fear based ) My PIP journey started July last year !! Yours ???
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @Nisi I am sorry to hear about this. How are you doing today?

We have a video (down below) on preparing for a PIP assessment and you can read more about PIP assessments on the Citizen Advice website.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq5QV_SnkJs

Please let us know if you have any questions.
  • ajbry
    ajbry Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    hi all i too suffer from"hidden disability" at 35yrs old i have no.life which nt only affects me but my 10yr old daughter. during my initial process of claiming pip i had to flea my home due to domestic issues which hasnt helped . i had a f2f on the 28th feb in my hone wif my mum as my support system. i got a txt on thr 5th march saying the report was received then got a letter dated 14th arrived 20th sayin they have all the informtion they need. due to my illness i am out of my.mind with worry that i will be made out to have fabricated iformation as there are so many things i wrote on my forms that at the time i forgot to mention at the f2f. my head is easily muddled bt the waiting and reading the horror stories about people being turned down has me in a mess.i was asked abt good and bad days i dnt have good or bad days my mood can change within hours. i also suffer from marked agrphobia all has been backed up by my doctor. i dont have the strength mentally to fight if i get turned down. mental health is such a hard thing to prove as u may look fine on the outside but ur nt. the f2f had me in a state and the waiting is worse. trying to tell someone wif mental health issues nt to worry makes them worse well does in my opinion. so i know u will  be stressed but all we can do is be honest have someone with you even if it is in your home my mum was with me and asked to assessor to allow me enough time to answer the questions as i get so muddled. i have physical ailments also bt all i was asked to do was lift my.arms n legs. legs i struggled with. good luck im nt gona say try nt to worry cause i know the feeling but all u can do is be honest. its sad that we all have to go through such a stressful process. good luck and keep strong. 
  • ajbry
    ajbry Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    meant to say i am also ew to this i have been reading things for months bt today was my first post. reading some others post and replys have helped on good days bt my dark days i feel very alone its good to know there are people who care who arent family and dnt judge you. thank you all for the days ive needed the extra strength reading you replys and comforting worda has helped. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.