My head lol — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My head lol

horis
horis Posts: 23 Connected
well I’ll make you all laugh , first last Monday morning I went to my review assessment with atos , independent trot tor’s trading company health care , and recorded it , but I wash bad with my conditions . But one question the assessor asked me Quote her Can you lift your arm and hand to your top of your head and wash your hair okay I said I can lift my arm , But why the hell after I’d been sitting for 30mins and she’s looking at me and typing ask me (she’s not wearing glasses but ) she’s asked can I wash my hair OMG iv been bald 20 years. Fos,What a cowboy firm and kept repeating asking what when and why if iv attemped suiside . 

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    edited March 2019
    Hi @horis , welcome to the community. Oh no :neutral: Please keep us updated on the outcome and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello horis, it’s hard being an acessor, you have just showed and proved that they go trough a set of preset questions. Like you said had she been looking and paying attention to you and doing her job correctly she would have seen you where not wearing a hat or hairpiece sorry and either not asked that question or refrased it. They observe us for everything else so must of been a Monday morning blues or she is in love??
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    ....yep , either she has had a heavy weekend , or she is determined to start of the week with a bonus ???
  • horis
    Update got my atos results today , lost mobility to low rate care other stopped the same . Even then signed concent forms for spine opp evidence aswell , plus she did not know nothing about MSk being a mental health nurse . Lies to and recorded it report do not match . Review again in 18 months but will that mean in 6 months as it take the review a year before hand with the forms sent out from the dwp and my current pip runs out in November of this year very baffled, but I work it out as 6 months time to start the hell process again . Or am I wrong , it’s march now 8 months for old p I p to run out , just had review result today in March stated review again in 18 months before the current one end , the new one starts from now, not November , then taking in to account they write to you 12 months before your p I p is up on the 18 months , so that double Dutch mean my award is for six months , so lost 8 months of current claim , gained 18 months take away the 12 month or the year they state to give you plenty of time and them to start the process as stated again , so iv lost 9 months off current claim got 9 months back running concurrently to November then 9 months x 2 come to 18 months what comes back to the what ever calculations then take 12 month start again process so 6 month on one reality the other who knows and the 3 have a made guess but lost out bloody hell iv just been seeing Elvis ? and talking to him in the stupid think tank of Great britian . **** my heeeed is battered . ? 
  • horis
    edited March 2019
    Hi @horis , welcome to the community. Oh no :neutral: Please keep us updated on the outcome and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.
    I’ll be quoting her in the complaints form from atos wen I get it , she’s not making me out to be a lier or a fool and either a ****. And egnoring evidence up the 10 th off March I had with me in front of her , And plus her knowing and working with my ex doctor she stated to me in the interview, I never lie I never disregard facts , but the S, G 2 H T F . I’m not putting up with her and her **** . Why for because I did not tell her I held the office of Constable years ago , And she is one person who I’m going to chance .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Review in 18 months means exactly that... add another year onto that and that will be your award length.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jenniB
    jenniB Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    They are the same pile of Poo ATOS who was moved from doing ESA assessments to PIP after being exposed for doing exactly what they still continue to do- Shame on Them.
    I had a similar experience after arriving in excruciating pain and distress for my assessment with my husband, I stood & paced up and down crying at times for the entire process, having been UNABLE to sit down since JULY 2018. 
    My Coccyx needed surgery 
    after 20 minutes of typing the assessor asked why can’t I wash my feet my sitting in the bath/shower
    flabbergasted explaining I Cannot sit down nor stand in the shower I kneel on all fours & my Husband washes me !!!
    i was then asked to put my hand / arms above my head.
    I suffer with Advanced Cervical Stenosis & disc degeneration 
    amonst a multitude of other spine complications.
    I declined the test in tears as It causes severe pain to attempt what the assessor was asking- 
    SHE stopped the test.
    according to her report after breaking down and telling her I was suicidal 
    it was noted I am remarkable
    i performed the test she observed me doing this !
    oh And I CAN SIT to bathe & have a bath aid !!
    I don’t have any aids nor can I Sit !!
    i presented evidence to confirm this from my GP and spinal fellows,
    at the Mandatory reconsideration.
    only to be told I can alternate between standing and sitting !!
    its the biggest joke at my expense !!
    we are part of the 20 a day benefit claimants to be denied benefit by the DWP.
    Disabled people are the easiest target, they stop awarding benefits clearly we are entitled to, & make you fight like a criminal. To prove yourself to a bunch of lying crooks.
    Thats how the achieve their targets -
    deny us !!!
    good luck & never give up the fight-
    I have only just started this journey.
    I cannot and will not accept these practices are still going on by ATOS-
    my next challenge will be with 
    our employment Minister-
    I intend to bring our plight back into the open 
    Jenni 

• Fitznspatz
    Fitznspatz Community member Posts: 45 Courageous
    >>and wash your hair <<

Maybe, horis, the assessor said ‘wash your head’ and you misheard, or maybe that was what she meant to say. We can all recount times when we have said one thing and meant to say another.
  • horis
    You many be but I am not going to explain my self iv told you once , I’m not repeating my point !
  • horis
    poppy12345i said:
    Review in 18 months means exactly that... add another year onto that and that will be your award length.
    I’m still as baffled with your answer  dates will help from you for me !!!!!
    horis said:
    You many be but I am not going to explain my self iv told you once , I’m not repeating my point !
    Ps why have I miss heard when iv stated I recorded it , please read properly. Instead of assumptions.
  • horis
    I’m still baffled can you stated your dates from wen year wise and to end year wise would help. 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you had the decision letter or just the assessment report ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    horis said:
    I’m still baffled can you stated your dates from wen year wise and to end year wise would help. 
    The decision letter will tell you the exact dates for your review and the end date.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • horis
    Well put it this way interviews have to accurately done and legally conform to evidences and the recorded statement. Not lies or made up replies. Short and sweet , why because I was a polis ie 100% right .so subject is closed , ps I follow the path of telling the truth and so forth.
  • jenniB
    jenniB Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    These assessments should be video recorded for the report to have complete integrity 
    and no bias to either assessor nor claimant-
    medical evidence should be used to back up how your disabilities affect your daily life
    my disabilities are actually known as SPECIFIC causes of disabilities in the DWP Blue Book
    they are Seriously Advanced as proven with MRI Scan Imaging reports, I personally requested from my medical records-
    the Assessor has made me feel like an imposter / cheat
    liar 
    I have worked for 40 years 35 years Full time
    20 years in Local Government as a designated Fraud and Overpaid Benefits Officer.
    I totally support stricter tests & proof of disabilities 
    to root out the cheats. 
    But the genuine claimants are now being discriminated against and treated like a fraud until after a lengthy stressful trail imposed on you, compounding your stress levels even further to prove you are indeed disabled, a position many of us would rather not be in-
    I would much rather be able to work, to contribute to society and help those who cannot.
    yet when I need help 
    40 years of NI contributions are null and void,
    my GP was declined a pain patch he requested for me !
    the cost £200 for a WEEK of pain relief-
    after 40 years contributing, the NH can’t even afford to treat me without my GP Fighting for emergency funding..
    Welcome to the real world of disabled discrimination 
  • Fitznspatz
    Horis, it is not just what is written but also how it is written. Two commas and the meaning of this sentence turns through 180°

’The claimant said the assessor is mistaken.”
    ”The claimant, said the assessor, is mistaken.”
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    A PIP assessment is simply The HCP's observations and conclusions of the available "evidence" on the day. It is not a medical examination nor is it an interview under caution.
    You might make an assessment of the HCP, your conclusion might be that they are stupid and don't understand what you are telling them, but that does not make it correct
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    I have to say that our community champion @CockneyRebel never fails to give excellent, honest advice.
  • Fitznspatz
    edited March 2019
    Horis, I don’t know if it can be done but you should delete post 7.29 pm. It demeans you and, frankly, is disgraceful.
  • mustafaraoof
    mustafaraoof Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    At the interview they should have an independent observer As well who can be called on from either side 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.