standard plus ESA? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

standard plus ESA?

kriss
kriss Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hello everyone
i am hopeful of receiving enhanced ESA.  My question is,does any award get added to my standard living allowance or is it replaced by any ESA enhanced award.
I am a single father looking after 2 teenagers.
Any answer will let me know what to exxpect.
Thank you

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2019
    Hi,

There's no such thing as enhanced ESA. For ESA there's 2 groups, WRAG and Support Group, If you're placed into the support group then you'll receive extra money backdated to the 14th week of your claim.

If you're placed into the WRAG and your claim started after April 2017 then you'll receive the standard £73.10 per week, same as assessment rate.

The most important question is, are you receiving Income related ESA or New style ESA?

You also mention standard daily living, do you claim PIP?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kriss
    I am on universal credit, i was unfit for work and supplied fit notes etc. i have now 9 months later had an assessment that has been sent to a decision maker without the need for a face to face.
    if i am placed in the support group , which i feel i will, is the extra money on top of what i receive at present or a replacement.
  • poppy123456
    If you're given LCWRA (support group equivalent) then you'll receive an extra £328 per month in your UC. This is backdated to the 4th month of your claim starting from when you sent in your first sick note.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kriss
    Thanks for that.
    One more query, i was on ESA for 2 and a half months via jobcentre plus before having to move over to universal credit as i started  to claim for my children who had moved in with me.
    Will that 2 and a half months be included in my 3 month waiting time.

Thank you
  • poppy123456
    No problem. Your other question was previously answered here on your other thread.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.