Pips — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pips

Marial
Marial Community member Posts: 13 Listener
how long after you receive a letter to say they have all the information they need to decide if they can make an award did people hear back about your award

Comments

• michfinch
    michfinch Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    up to 3 weeks. It has taken me 3 years to get my Award! Good Luck
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello, it varies but anything up to 8 weeks, have you requested a copy of your acessment report? If not ring DWPand ask for a copy it can take up to 14 days to arrive but on receiving you can work out what your award will, may should be but you still have to for the official award notification letter.
  • Marial
    Thank you apparently can’t send out assessors report till a decision is made face 2 face was nearly 4 weeks ago at home
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Marial said:
    Thank you apparently can’t send out assessors report till a decision is made face 2 face was nearly 4 weeks ago at home
    If you live in the UK that's not correct. They do send out the assessment report before a decision is made, i received my daughters report about 4 weeks ago. Ring again on Monday morning, chances are the person you speak to this time will agree to send it to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Marial
    Marial said:
    If you live in the UK that's not correct. They do send out the assessment report before a decision is made, i received my daughters report about 4 weeks ago. Ring again on Monday morning, chances are the person you speak to this time will agree to send it to you.
    I’m in Northern Ireland uk when it suits different people lol I have read quite a few from here that have said couldn’t get it till the award is made. I will ring again on Monday to see thank you 
  • poppy123456
    As you live in Northern Ireland then you won't be able to receive the report until the decision is made. I assume it's because they just won't agree to send it over there, unlike here in the UK.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Marial
    Thanks everyone xx
  • Marial
    As you live in Northern Ireland then you won't be able to receive the report until the decision is made. I assume it's because they just won't agree to send it over there, unlike here in the UK.
    Rang back today got a lovely lady and she is sending me the assessors report even though the person on Friday said they couldn’t x
  • poppy123456
    That's very unusual for Northern Ireland because they don't usually send them before a decision is made. Did you ask if a decision's been made? made it has.
  • Marial
    That's very unusual for Northern Ireland because they don't usually send them before a decision is made. Did you ask if a decision's been made? made it has.
    Yes decision hasn’t been made she said she would send it in the post tomorrow I thought it was strange cause they wouldn’t send my partner his out either 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.