Is it worth appealing? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it worth appealing?

Options
Amanda1968
Amanda1968 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Is it worth appealing to the tribunal for pip after my assessment they have taken me off it albeit my health is worse now , I was awarded points last time for help with dressing and taking medication however they are now saying I can do this myself although I told them I can’t , they took everything I said and twisted it , after waiting for 9 weeks for the mandatory reconsideration to tell me I’m not being awarded it I don’t feel I have the energy to appeal , any advice would be welcome 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Welcome to our community @Amanda1968, we're glad to have you with us.
    A lot of people end up feeling put off and overwhelmed by the prospect of taking a PIP appeal to tribunal. But if you feel that the decision is wrong, please don't be dissuaded from challenging the outcome. We have lots of advice about how to proceed with the tribunal and we're here to answer any questions you might have about the process.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Amanda1968 and welcome

It is of course your claim and decision but if you believe that you meet the criteria for an award then you should appeal to the tribunal.
    You may be best advised to seek trained help from an advice agency near you
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Amanda1968
    Amanda1968 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    Options
    Thanks, I think I will ?
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    At the end of the day, knowing that you will have to wait a minimum of 52 weeks at current levels before the appeal is heard would in itself cause stress and anxiety. 
    You would have to be a strong minded and resilient individual to want to go through that scenario.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.