Hi, my name is Jayne9092! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Jayne9092!

Jayne9092
Jayne9092 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi everyone, I've never been part of something like this.  I am unsure of what to say.  X

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @Jayne9092 welcome to the community :) No worries, please have a read through our guidelines about our community and please feel free to join our recent discussions.  Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself?

If you have any questions, please let us know.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger

Hello @Jayne9092 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new member who join the forum.

Have a look around our website. Feel free to join in discussions.

We are friendly, care and share.

Please ask if we can help and advise on anything. Some one will know from our community or a member of our team.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to our community @Jayne9092, we're really glad to have you with us! To get you started, why not take a look around our coffee lounge? If you have any questions or need some support, please don't hesitate to ask.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jayne9092

Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to meet you today??

I am also one off the team here at Scope.

Please please let me know if you need any help/support???

@steve51  
  • annedh
    annedh Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Hi, don't worry that journey donto know 2 hat to say. I still haven't found put how to send a message. How are you?
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jayne9092 welcome to the community! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Jayne9092
    Hi,  thank you to everyone who has warmly welcomed me to this site.  I am 54 this year.  I had a bad fall when I was 16, breaking the base of my spine, compressing my discs, losing height, we believe I broke my elbow at the same time but my back injuries were of more concern.  I was told by time I was 40 I would be in a wheelchair permanently.   I have a prescription wheelchair, which unfortunately I now cannot use because I had a replacement elbow 15 months ago, luckily for me we had bought an electric wheelchair which I use for 'walking the dog' with my husband.  We had to sell our home because I could no longer manage the steps outside.  We now live in private rented accommodation because we live in a rural area, there are only 6 adapted wheelchair homes for under age 55 in our area.  In the last bungalow we rented the shower was over the bath and I couldn't manage, but apparently  being unable to wash myself, get a shower or a bath is not considered as in urgent need of a disabled friendly home, despite the fact that as I've got older and when I do walk I walk bent over in half and needing to use my wheelchair more and more. Over the years I have worked  I gained a law degree at 40 but unfortunately got bullied so badly that I had no choice but to quit my job that I loved and had worked hard for, I went to work in a mental hospital checking people who had been sectioned had been done legally, unfortunately,  again, I was bullied but this time I broke down in the Drs surgery and my husband caught me trying to take my own life.  I then went to a private hospital, same job, in a nutshell I was pushed out because girl whose job I got, wanted it back so I was made to feel all sorts of crappy stuff.  My GP has warned against working in a corporate environment and to be honest, I know she is right.  My mental health is not brilliant.  I get the enhanced rate on pip, I've just recently gained a little help with dental treatment, as in anything over £134 I do not have to pay for.  And we discovered a few months ago that I now have a free cinema pass!! Yippee!! ?My husband is a bin man.  We get nothing else in form of benefits.  And that is my story in a nut shell.  Xxx
  • thespiceman

Hello @Jayne9092 Thank you for your post and sharing.

I know you have come to the right place for help and advice, information. Also friendship.

Sorry to hear your mental health is not good. Are you receiving any support for this may I ask?

One suggestion I have if looking for support, advice and guidance with your mental health . Is to look at mental health charities.

I used this one last time.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

I myself have a disability as well . Know might be useful for additional support and welfare, benefits plus signposting to other aspects of care you might need.

Hope that helps.

Always here for a chat need to want to know anything please ask. Happy to help.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Jayne9092
    Awwwwwww thank you, what lovely kind words.  I had some counselling but I found it a waste of time to be honest.  I have anti depressants, because of the morphine I take there are not many medications compatible with it.  Thank you so much for the link, I will have a look.  Thank you for your offers of support and advice, it's a lovely thing to say and made me fill up.  Thank you. Xxx

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @Jayne9092 thank you for sharing this with us. How are you doing today? I am happy to hear you have a bit of support, if you do have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. :)
  • thespiceman

Hello @Jayne9092 Thank you for sharing with the community kind words.

We are here to help be supportive.

I wish you well. Hope everything works out for you. Also I hope the links helps you.

Please keep in touch let the community how you are. 

Ready to listen. 

If you need to ask anything please do some one will know.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes

Brightness