DWP Nightmare — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP Nightmare

frederick
frederick Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I am a registered disabled person and have recently received a DWP health assessment the decision maker has completely screwed me with a totally incorrect decision and as a result I am heading towards financial bankruptcy. Nobody cares and gives a damn I do believe I might as well jump off the nearest high building ....

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @frederick

I am sorry to hear the outcome of your assessment. We have some information here on appealing a DWP benefits decision

You are a member of our community and we appreciate you.

If you are having thoughts of suicide, it is important that you discuss them with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself: http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-healthproblems/suicidal-feelings/how-can-i-help-myself/

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @frederick and welcome

Would you like to give us a bit more information so we can advise youe better

Was this a change from DLA to PIP ?
    Was It a PIP renewal ?
    Was it foe ESA ?
    When did you receive your decusion letter ?
    Have you requested an MR ?
    have you a copyof the assessment report ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • frederick
    Pip renewal.
    Received decision letter 11/03/19.
    Requested MR shortly after.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    The success rate at MR is around 18% so be prepared to take your claim to tribunal. There is lots of info on this site to help you prepare
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Also be aware that the wait for a Tribunal hearing is currently running at 52 weeks and in some places considerably longer.

• Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Dear @frederick this happens to a lot of people (it happened to me last year). The assessments aren't fit fir purpose, and the reports are often filled in incompetently. Some assessors outright lie on the reports, too. They do this in the hope that people will just give up and fall off the benefit rolls. Please don't take it personally! It seems to be random. We can help you with an MR (likely to fail) and a tribunal appeal (73% of in-person appeals are won by the claimant!)
  • frederick
    I am now 3 weeks into a 6 week wait, I am not afraid to attend tribunal in fact I would relish it just to show how totally wrong DWP have been in my health assessment, my dilemma is in being so financially mistreated I am now receiving £700pm less in benefits than I was in February....i might just start begging on the streets to delay the bailiffs.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.