Motablity appel — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Motablity appel

Options
mrkirti
mrkirti Community member Posts: 14 Listener
Hello just want to know if I do mandatory appel for motablity dla does it stop my pip payments until I get an answer or it does not stop because I want to appel but not sure if they stop my payments then I'll be trouble please anybody can advice

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Any award you have will remain in payment until a new decision is made
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • mrkirti
    Options
    OK thanks cockney 
  • CockneyRebel
    Options
    Your mobility award will be part of your PIP award not DLA
  • mrkirti
    Options
    I don't understand the difference I'm getting pip £85 and pence and motablity of £22 and pence so what DLA and PIP
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    Your mobility award will be part of your PIP award not DLA
    Ah, I didn't spot that. Unless the claimant is under 16 then there would be no DLA appeal. I presume the poster meant PIP.
  • mrkirti
    Options
    I'm not under 16 but I'm new in this thing never been on benefits In my life or seen jobcentre before in 30 odd years
  • CockneyRebel
    Options
    DLA was the old award system ( Disability Living Allowance )
    You would have been notified that your DLA was coming to an end and then invited to claim PIP
    You will have filled in and returned a PIP2 form followed by an assessment usually at an assessment centre. You will then have received a decision letter telling you what your award is. From what you have said, you receive enhanced Daily Living but only Standard mobility. The mobility part has two sections Planning and following journeys and Moving aroud. Which element do you think applies to you ?  
  • mrkirti
    Options
    I didn't get any letter for assessment just got letter for I was awarded like payments I rang them today and told them why I didn't get assessment from DWP cause my physical condition is not good my consultant even said of what I have (cancer, cornic kidney failure,4 broken vertebs in spin which make move around hard ) 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.