MR being looked at again?? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MR being looked at again??

susieqboo
susieqboo Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi. 

First time post so please go easy ?. 

I am after some advice as to what to do next in regard to my pip battle. I will try and keep it as brief as I can. I applied for pip in 2015. Had paper based assessment and got given it for 3 years. Had a review dec 2016 paper based again in Jan 2017 was given in for a further 2 years. Had a review again in July 2018. This is where the whole thing starts. I sent my review from back to them on the 8th August. Had usual text saying they received and will hear from them. I didnt hear from them until November 2018 and it was a text saying I may have to go for f2f. I then got an appointment through forna f2f date 18th dec.

I attended this. 19th dec day after f2f get a text saying that dwp had my report and would hear from them. I then recieved a letter on 31st dec saying that due to f2f they have stopped pip from 20th dec, and letter was dated 20 dec. So took 11 days to get too me. Over xmas and this didnt give me alot of time to get myself together and go for a mr, it was new years eve and more bank holidays to come. So I immediately called up on Nye to get a copy of assessment report. This was then sent and I received within 5 days.

I was so upset as the assessor had out and out lied to which now from reading other people's accounts this isn't unusual, anyway I got a friend to help me and we put together a Mr and I sent this in.

I got a text in late Jan saying i have asked them to relook at decision again and would be 6 weeks. I left this but I have also been trying to get extra evidence off my therepist. I waited about 6 weeks and then called pip asking for update. Now in this time I told pip I would be sending in letter off my therapist that day. She said the mr hasn't been looked at so that was ok.

I did this and 2 days later I received the mr notice still not changed 0 points. Which I was expecting. I called pip up upset and said I have sent in extra evidence. Basically the letter crossed paths so the guy on the phone said dont worry I can see your evidence and it's gone back to the decision maker for her to look at again.  I left it a week as I am aware that the mr letter was dated 8th March and I only have a certain amount of time to appeal. So I called them last week asking what I should do is it any closer to being relooked at. They said it waiting to be seen. I have now today just received a text saying you have asked us to look at decision again and please allow 6 weeks. What do I do? I have technically had a mr back from them dated 8th March . Although they seem to be looking at it again with my fresh evidence i have no confidence this is going to change anything and i will miss the appeal time. Do I appeal and let them carry on looking at it?  Or do I just leave them? This has all been going on for 8 months now, I am so stressed with it all. They make it so hard 

Sorry for long post just thought easier to answer with whole story. 

Any advice gratefully received 

Sue

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @susieqboo, you must have written for an MR request giving examples of what happened the last time you did,or attempted each of the PIP descriptiors plus the additional evidence that supports your original PIP claim. 

• susieqboo
    @wilko
    Hi I'm not quite sure what you mean. Yes I submitted a mr in January they sent me mr notice 2 weeks ago and because I sent in extra evidence just as they were making decision of mr they have said they are relooking at it again. My question is the time to appeal from the date of my mr notice is ticking away and I'm conscious it's going to pass by and they will then either not change it or do nothing as an Mr has already been done  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,344 Disability Gamechanger
    It's within 1 month of the decision BUT you do actually have 13 months to request it, with good reason. Most MR decisions remain the same so you'll most likely end up having to take it to Tribunal. Whether you request it now or wait until the next decision is made, it doesn't matter.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    susieqboo said:
    @wilko
    Hi I'm not quite sure what you mean. Yes I submitted a mr in January they sent me mr notice 2 weeks ago and because I sent in extra evidence just as they were making decision of mr they have said they are relooking at it again. My question is the time to appeal from the date of my mr notice is ticking away and I'm conscious it's going to pass by and they will then either not change it or do nothing as an Mr has already been done  
    If you have a letter from the DWP telling you that the first MR has failed you have every right to lodge am appeal enclosing that notice even though the DWP are still looking at the new evidence and presumably doing another MR. The sooner you get the appeal up and running the better. It can take a year or more before you get to the hearing..
  • susieqboo
    Hi thanks for your replies. @twonker that's what I was thinking about so as to get the ball rolling so too speak. The only reason why I'm hesitant is, will it effect the decision they are making currently I kind of didnt want to poke the fire so too speak. I know that few mr are changed that's why I'm unsure as to just appeal now to start the process. 
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    susieqboo said:
    Hi thanks for your replies. @twonker that's what I was thinking about so as to get the ball rolling so too speak. The only reason why I'm hesitant is, will it effect the decision they are making currently I kind of didnt want to poke the fire so too speak. I know that few mr are changed that's why I'm unsure as to just appeal now to start the process. 
    Why should it? It shows that you are serious in making your claim. It is certainly not unheard of for the DWP to want to change the original decision weeks/months down the line as they don't believe that they have a case to argue about. They have made their decision so you make yours. If they realise with the new evidence submitted that they were wrong they will offer to change it in exchange for you dropping the appeal.
  • susieqboo
    @twonker yes I see your point I suppose it shouldn't! I think I'm just being too soft, because they have surprised me in looking at it again.  I was very angry and let down and upset although i still am very much, but them giving me a little hope has put me on the back foot a little. I have have made formal complaint against assessor which I'm well aware may fall on deaf ear but I had to do it for myself. My evidence that I sent in does contradict all that was wrote in the decision makers final comments and that of the f2f. There is other details they have stated that was incorrect in them making there decision from my mr notice but just thought I'll tell them In my appeal.  Thank you for getting back too me. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.