If I appeal does it stop PIP payments? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

If I appeal does it stop PIP payments?

Options
mrkirti
mrkirti Community member Posts: 14 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello just want to know if I do mandatory appel for motablity dla does it stop my pip payments until I get an answer or it does not stop because I want to appel but not sure if they stop my payments then I'll be trouble please anybody can advice

Comments

• JCC
    JCC Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
    Options
    Hello there.  I can best advise by explaining my daughter’s situation.  She went for an assessment about 6 weeks ago and following that her Care component has been reduced. She immediately put in an appeal which is still being considered.  In the meantime her PIP has been reduced to the level of her award following assessment.    
    Payments will not stop purely because of an appeal but if the award has been decreased or denied then the payments will reflect this.   If, following appeal the award is changed in your favour then any increases in payment will be backdated.

May I ask has your award been reduced or completely stopped?   

• mrkirti
    mrkirti Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Options
    Hi JCC Thanks nothing has stop or reduced all I want is to get motablity car and with my physical condition everyone says I should get motablity 
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    mrkirti said:
    Hi JCC Thanks nothing has stop or reduced all I want is to get motablity car and with my physical condition everyone says I should get motablity 
    A word to the wise. Achieving a PIP award is entirely down to the assessing company to make a judgement call on the claim and the DWP who will decide if the judgement call is acceptable.

Apart from those two organisations no one can say that anyone should be entitled.

There are some very sad cases about where those who have always had the enhanced rates for both Care and Mobility eventually find that on review everything is taken from them as they achieved 0 points.

There are no guarantees that come with the PIP process.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.