Esa3 form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa3 form

sue76
sue76 Community member Posts: 23 Listener
Hi all

Today I received my esa3 form I claimed IB from 2008 till 2012 then I was moved to CBesa in work related group I was also getting disability living allowance middle rate care low rate mobility x due to my health I live with my parents and my PIP is not high enough for the extra premium the only 1 I maybe able to get is disability premium cause I was on dla and I have been sick for longer then a year x I have filled form out but I am very confused with it all x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2019
    Hi,

Have you always been in the work related group? If you have then you would be claiming Income related now not CB. CB is only paid for 365 days unless placed into the Support Group. What PIP award do you now have?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sue76
    Been in work related group since I have been getting esa since 2012 x my PIP is being look at again was getting standard care xx
  • poppy123456
    Then as advised you would be claiming Income related not CB. Income related WRAG amount is approximately £102 per week. As you live with your parents then you won't be entitled to severe disability premium unless they both claim a qualifying benefit their self, such as PIP daily living/DLA mid/high rate care or Attendance Allowance.

The Enhanced disability premium is only payable in the WRAG if you're claim high rate care DLA or Enhanced daily living.

You will of course need to wait for the decision but they are contacting everyone that transferred across, regardless of whether or not you're owed any money.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • sue76
    I get £102 a week so I must be in income related and not CB x 

Thanks for your help I will send form in and if I get anything it's a bonus x 

The only other thing is when I was on IP I was being paid £109 a week should my payment not of carried on at this amount x
  • poppy123456
    Transitional protection was in place at the time but i have no idea what the rules were for that at the time. All you can do send in the form and wait for the decision but the amount you're claiming is the correct amount for the WRAG.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.