PIP assessment what is the meaning of this??? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment what is the meaning of this???

AMayfield
AMayfield Community member Posts: 5 Listener

Although minimal functional restrictions are currently present. Given that she has multiple longterm physical conditions and longterm mental health conditions which are known to be fluctuating in nature medically it is reasonable to suggest a review period of 1 year and 6 months to assess whether there has been any change in finctional ability. 

You deserve a day where worries don't get in the way of anything. A day where...even if some people are insensitive or unkind, you're not going to mind because the blessings you received are far greater than the burdens you experience. Remember, stay positive!

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AMayfield welcome to the community! Could you tell us a bit more please? Then we can try and help you :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • AMayfield
    Hi! That is my assessor’s comment in my PIP assessment. I have long term Physical condition which is my spinal cord not being able to bend although I can do my everyday stuff but limited due to my back pains and I depends on pain releiver. I also have bipolar diagnosed since I was 8 years old. With my Universal Credit I have been rewarded 15 months limited capability to work and was advised to claim PIP. Thanks!!
    You deserve a day where worries don't get in the way of anything. A day where...even if some people are insensitive or unkind, you're not going to mind because the blessings you received are far greater than the burdens you experience. Remember, stay positive!
  • AMayfield
    edited March 2019
    Would this mean I am regarded with disability? ? Will this mean I will be rewarded with PIP? Thanks a lot! ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    AMayfield said:
    Would this mean I am regarded with disability? ? Will this mean I will be rewarded with PIP? Thanks a lot! ?
    No, it's doesn't mean you'll be awarded. What you need to look for in the report is boxes with dots/ticks and these will be somewhere at the back of the report. Use the PIP descriptors here and compare those dots/ticks against them to see what score, if any is recommended. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf

Usually the decision maker goes with the report but you'll still need to wait for the decision to be made. If you're not happy then you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR)

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    AMayfield said:
    No, not likely. They are saying that you have some level of disability but not enough that causes the impact that you would need to get an award. 
  • AMayfield
  • AMayfield

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.