support group dicision time scale — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

support group dicision time scale

deano5278
deano5278 Community member Posts: 38 Connected
edited March 2019 in Universal Credit (UC)
hey guys im trying to find out how long it should take for a dicsion in my claim to un support group any help would be great ive been waiting just over 5months now hope you can help

Comments

• deano5278
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you been referred for a work capability assessment? This will need to be done before any decision is made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • deano5278
    yes i went to that 3 months ago all im getting of the people i speak to is you will be notifiyed they will not check this up for me or anythink and when i do ring up they say i cant speak with a dicison maker nor can they and all i can do is wait , but ive seen 5/6 people i know have there assements and claimed after me and i done and sorted im starting to get annoyed with them i dont have a clue what to do as i know its well over the time scale
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    There's no timescales to any decision. Backlogs are just part of the reasons a decision can be delayed. If your report was sent to audit then this can delay the process significantly. Have you requested a copy of the assessment report? This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • deano5278
    yes i have also asked for one but they told me i dont get one nor need one at all and i just have to wait for everythink from the decision makers to finish
  • laurenxs
    laurenxs Community member Posts: 30 Listener
    Hi Deano5278, did you hear back from them? I've been waiting 6 months now for a decision also, dont know anyone else who's had to wait this long in my area

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.