reused ESA premium — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

reused ESA premium

Victoria_Falcon82
Victoria_Falcon82 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi ive recently been awarded PIP high mobility and standard living and been reused ESA premium as my 18 year old full time student daughter lives with me who i recieve child benefit/ child Tax credits for , I've been informed she's still a dependant and the decision is wrong but don't know how to dispute this as I haven't had this in writing , I was informed when I called to enquire . I'm in the same situation I would be in if she was e.g. 1 , 2 , 5 , 10 or 16 years old , thank you Victoria Falcon 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I assume you're talking about the severe disability premium. Are you claiming the old style income related ESA or the New style ESA?

If it's income related then is there any other adults living with you or just your daughter?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Victoria_Falcon82
    Victoria_Falcon82 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks for reply Poppy Yes the income related one and no just me and my daughter 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    As you're still claiming child benefit for her then she's still classed as a dependent which means you're entitled to claim the SDP. My advice is to send them copies of your child benefit/tax credits award letter and this will prove that you're still claiming them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.