Mandortary reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandortary reconsideration

janejr
janejr Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
Can anyone tell me how long it takes to hear anything from the DWP after sending in paperwork for a mandortary reconsideration

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,932 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

There's no timescales to decisions. It depends on backlog in your area. Once a decision's been made they'll send you the letter, if the decision remains the same and most do then you'll need to letter to request the Tribunal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    I’ve wives waited 3 weeks rang she said no decision yet could take 6/8 weeks 
  • janejr
    8 weeks , I thought it was going to be two weeks. The man at the CAB told me he was snowed under by the amount of people asking for help because of the DWP. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,932 Disability Gamechanger
    It can be anything between 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer but as advised, there's no timescales.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dotty123
    Hi I got my mr back no change so I go for tribunal I have in a sick note for 6 weeks just ran out now got one for 3 mths I’ve sent what do I do now 
  • Dotty123
    If tribunal say no I’ve 6week sick note what do I claim 
  • janejr
    Hi Dotty123 did you get a message of DWP to say they were reviewing your ESA before they did your MR I'm asking because I wondered how long you had to wait before you got your letter with decision. Tense times for us all. Good luck to you for your appeal 
  • Dotty123
    I no did mandatory 3weeks ago not changed it now tribunal I’ve had sick note in 6weeks and new one today for 3 months if lose tribunal I’ve sicknotes what can I claim if it fails thank you for replying 
  • janejr
    Hi poppy1234 I've had a text message of DWP saying I should hear about my MR in 10 working days , it came yesterday. Today I've had a letter saying if I think I'm going to be ill for more than 13wks I can't get JSA nor can I claim ESA but have to do a new claim for UC. My 13wks are no where near up so I'm ok to stay as I am until i make an appeal ( not counting on getting my MR). When I do make an appeal don't I go back on ESA until my appeal is heard at court. I'm not keen to make a new claim for UC as have heard alot of people loose out on money and end up worse off. My 13 weeks with sick notes don't run out until 21st May
  • Dotty123
    you don’t get any money waiting for mr only when go to tribunal 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.