Anyone attempted this approach? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anyone attempted this approach?

Hi there, back in January of this year I was subpoenaed to attend an Employment and Support Allowance assessment (interrogation) at Maximus' Glasgow office.   I informed my would-be interrogator that not only would she be asking medical questions of me, but that in turn, would be asking legal questions of her.    And that the legal questions would be to deem her suitability to make a decision about my life:  Has she the ability to not only sympathise with my illness but also empathise with me.   When I let my would-be interrogator know what would be asked of her, she refused to "assess" me.    I was then told to leave the building without being interrogated.    Anyone else attempted this approach? 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    To be honest I am not suprised that your assessment was terminated. I have not heard of anyone attempting the route you have gone down.

What is the current situation with your claim ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • dwpgrouplitigation
    dwpgrouplitigation Posts: 4 Listener
    I am still being paid benefits.    During my research into the numbers of psychopaths, possibly (only the judiciary can decide on the probability) working in government departments, such as DWP, has not helped my ongoing mental health issues one little bit.    But it is something I need to do, in the hope of one day getting a decent nights Ssleep without medicating myself.  My conscience keeps me awake, in that I feel more must be done to stop further suicides of benefit claimants.   We should all remember, when contemplating our rights, that it is highly possible the UK government has breached the Neighbour Principle of law by failing to ensure that only those with the ability to empathise with others were employed.   This is more relevant when dealing with vulnerable citizens.    So, basically, I was going to ask my interrogator that day at Glasgow, questions, to ensure she could not only sympathise with my plight, but also, empathise.   I have informed many politicians to this approach to date; but here in Scotland and also the other UK nations.   All remain silent to date.
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    Some HCP's are not registered to work in the UK so no background checks are being done in accordance with the law, no criminal record checks and no qualifications are checked. Proving once again that the whole system must be corrupt. 
  • dwpgrouplitigation
    dwpgrouplitigation Posts: 4 Listener
    If I could get a solicitor or even better a legal firm, that isn't scared to go up against the government in court, there's every chance, on the balance of probabilities, that it would be proven that the government, has employed certain individuals who do not have the capacity to empathise.   This would more than likely be a breach of common law, in that these types cannot contemplate reasonable foreseeability.     Any solicitors out there willing to assist me take this government on in a court of law?  There is more than likely the possibility to raise a Group Litigation.  
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    That's another bone of contention, legal aid for appeals has been removed leaving vulnerable people with no hope of getting justice.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.