Mental health — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mental health

Sarah1967
Sarah1967 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I don't know if I'm the right road 

Comments

• michfinch
    michfinch Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    In what respect?
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sarah1967 welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about whatever been happening?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Sarah1967
    Sarah1967 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I have suffered from mental health issues since 13yrs and now at 51they have diagnosed me with
    Emotionally unstable personality disorder .. What a mouth full. 
    Lately thing have been very dark and bad thoughts toward others and myself. 
    I have a CPN,  doctor and now I'm giving psychiatrist a go on Monday
    When I tell people I'm having these thought they just say maybe my meds needs reviewing , then they say have a chat with doc 
    The other day when I was having voices etc I went to the docs to see if they could help and all I was told was that I can't be seen for 50mins!
    I don't want to go into details of what voices say as it is disturbing and I don't want people to read it 
    I also have all the crisis numbers, so have help. 
    Now PIP are reviewing my application
    Thanks for listening 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    I don't know what to suggest, other than calling the CPN and let them know what is happening. I have mental health problems and know it can be hard to tell people what's going on in your head but you sound like you need some support.

Have you had support with the PIP review? I imagine that's not helping you mentally either, I have a pending WCA and next week I have an assessment for PIP :/ it's really knocked me about both mentally and physically. I often wish I had some way of supporting myself financially.
  • michfinch
    michfinch Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Sorry to learn all of this. It must be more than tough.... DWP organised for me to see a Govt Psycologist and talking with them has helped but it doesn’t cure Epilepsy. I’ve attended an Epilepsy Group which helped talking to others with the same issues, but it sounds like, apart from the CPN, you might be facing this on your own? Within the Govt “system” it appears people suffering with Mental Health issues could be/are pushed to the bottom of the pile. At the end of the day, we’re all unwell, suffering with whatever condition, but we don’t seem to fit in with the tick box questionnaires. Obviously SCOPE are more expert in your scenario, so I wish you success. 
  • Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    I have EUPD too. It can be really difficult.

Brightness