Moving in with someone — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Moving in with someone

JustJan
JustJan Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
I was wondering if anyone could give me any information. I have contacted the cab twice and been told different things.
Me and my partner are thinking of finding a place together. At the moment I receive esa and in the support group,I also get severe disability premium  (I know I would lose this due to living with someone) I also get standard rate on both components of pip.
My partner is currently on ssp but will not be returning to work as they are unfit to work. My question is do I need to add them to my claim once the ssp has ended as it's due to finish soon or can they make their own claim for esa. It's all very confusing as I have been told different things. Any advice would be great because I don't want to do the wrong thing. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi JustJan

Just a quick question. You say that your partner is unable to return to work, would your partner be eligable to claim PIP ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • JustJan
    JustJan Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
    edited March 2019
    They have never tried to claim it,they have quite a few different health problems. @CockneyRebel
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    If I may suggest then, before doing anything else get your partner to do a self test for PIP as this could make a big difference.
    You may also be best to get trained help from an advice agency near you, CAB, Welfare rights or simiar
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.