tribunel — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

tribunel

steve426
steve426 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
just got back from my tribunel what a waste of time iwent in on my crutches they adnit i cant walk then they start asking questons about my mental health they soon realised i have aproblem with my memory and tell me i need to inform dvla and i should not be driving .im a driver for a living so pack in work but they wont give me any money so i just become homeless and starve to death what a joke dwp are 

Comments

• twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    But seriously if your driving ability is impaired which it seems to be, would it not be far better to be poor and living in a tent than killing a minibus full of school children?
    Selfish in my opinion.
  • twonker
    ilovecats said:

Some people want it all.
    It does seem that way. I just hope that we never cross paths especially with my grandchildren in the back 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Those of us who have an impairment or disability and drive must know and accept when it’s time to give up and stop driving and not wait till they cause or are involved in an accident by their own selfishness and ordered to stop driving by the courts.
  • twonker
    wilko said:
    Those of us who have an impairment or disability and drive must know and accept when it’s time to give up and stop driving and not wait till they cause or are involved in an accident by their own selfishness and ordered to stop driving by the courts.
    I doubt if Steve426 would agree with you.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Without passing judgement as we do not have all the facts, I would hope that Steve426 would at least heed the warning and seek advice from his GP
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve426
    steve426 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    i dont have a memory problem my gp has never said that it was some mumpty in the tribunel tjat bombarded me with stupid questons i couldnt answer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.