ESA/UC — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA/UC

Options
madquasimodo
madquasimodo Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My other half received a letter from the ESA saying due to her age and illness they will not be asking her to attend any more medicals or interviews, right or wrong we took this to say her award was fixed until retirement, we got limited capability for work and work related activity 'LCWRA' element and thought as she had a DWP doctor give the medical all was fine and dandy, since the LCWRA has been sorted we were surprised to receive a UC fitness for work assessment, much like the PIP as soon as a case is sorted they seem to dislike the result and want you to redo the process again, seems like they just dont like letting their awards run the full term.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,002 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Did your partner transfer from ESA to UC?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • madquasimodo
    madquasimodo Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you for asking, no she did not move due to the time between ESA and UC claims it has meant the ESA was classed as a legacy claim, its paid by the ESA and then deducted from the UC claim, the grey bit is ESA have said she can be classed as LCWRA, and have said they will not ask her to be re-assessed, UC have now sent out Work capability assessment, they have repeatedly tried to remove her from support, and get her into work related. Her condition means she cannot stand or walk un-aided and gets what you would describe as "vertigo" due to nerve damage, find suitable work would be hard.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you for asking, no she did not move due to the time between ESA and UC claims it has meant the ESA was classed as a legacy claim, its paid by the ESA and then deducted from the UC claim, the grey bit is ESA have said she can be classed as LCWRA, and have said they will not ask her to be re-assessed, UC have now sent out Work capability assessment, they have repeatedly tried to remove her from support, and get her into work related. Her condition means she cannot stand or walk un-aided and gets what you would describe as "vertigo" due to nerve damage, find suitable work would be hard.
    Quite simple, UC is there to get as many people back into work. As this is a new benefit in addition to ESA, they are not bound to accept what ESA have said. They want to find out for themselves.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.