PIP assessment experience — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment experience

me6pip
me6pip Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Make sure u record while u r there for assessment, the nurse making things up to screw u.. and wants u to get the lowest points, she lies in the report. Make sure u ask DWP for the copy of that report. Believe me u will be shocked & surprised 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @me6pip welcome to the community! Sorry to hear about your experience, many members of our community have experienced the same or similar too, unfortunately. Have you received a decision?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • me6pip
    me6pip Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi there, not yet but I have sent my complaint and the parts which she lies 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited March 2019
    @ilovecats I agree with you it's not wise to record covertly.

Fortunately I've had no issues with assessments, but I did obtain my own recording equipment in case I ever needed to ever record my assessments which I may have to in the future. Neal triple Cd, and twin cassette.

I also have one setup at home all the time in case I need to record anything.

I was lucky I knew someone that got me these recorders as I dident want to take any chances that the provider didn't have them for any of my assessment I might of had, and I have been told Maximus, IAS use these make, type too. You can pick them up on EBay  which I have seen on there sometimes if your lucky. Look for "Neal" recorders.

Or you can buy two cheap cassette recorders from Argos
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Just noticed your petition. Unless you missed the results of the Referendum, there was a clear majority of this country that want out of the EU. To suggest that it is just a claim and is not the will of the people  doesn't make sense to me. I thought that democracy was all about accepting the decision of the majority even if you don't like it. 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited April 2019
    twonker said:
    Just noticed your petition. Unless you missed the results of the Referendum, there was a clear majority of this country that want out of the EU. To suggest that it is just a claim and is not the will of the people  doesn't make sense to me. I thought that democracy was all about accepting the decision of the majority even if you don't like it. 

[edited by moderator]

I've campaigned in Many Government areas to get change I come on here to help people that are having trouble with benefits etc.

[edited by moderator]

But we have over 66 Million people in this country and only 17.4 million voted leave, 16 + Million voted stay. So in effect nearly half of the country never voted.

So in reality it wasn't enough or even a substantial amount either. Also bear in mind many really didn’t even understand the full process of how brexit really worked, many many just voted because they thought it would stop immigrants and border controls, but now everyone now realises it’s not what they expected. So the best approach would be now a people’s vote.

As Ive mentioned above it’s only 17.4 Million that voted to leave out of 66 Million hardly a majority, although the 30 odd Million didn’t.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• braca
    braca Community member Posts: 102 Pioneering
    This forum is infiltrated by people trying to justify the assessments carried out  by private companies whose only goal is money. the sentiment shown to so called people trying to justify that people are overstating there illness and have to show at least 3 examples how there disability affects them is so wrong...the whole assessment issue is Flawed and the government know this and how can people trained by our NHS system and universities take on such positions are just greedy and have no empathy at all to people struggling to get by and try and life a life with disability, shame on all those ex NHS trained employees causing suffering and all for there own profit...
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    braca said:
    This forum is infiltrated by people trying to justify the assessments carried out  by private companies whose only goal is money. the sentiment shown to so called people trying to justify that people are overstating there illness and have to show at least 3 examples how there disability affects them is so wrong..
    Why is it wrong? I've recently been through a PIP review for my daughter, i'm her appointee. I filled the review form in myself and did exactly as myself and others advise here, i added those examples for each descriptor that applied to her..... This resulted in a paper based assessment and a decision of Enhanced for both parts.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Fitznspatz
    Fitznspatz Community member Posts: 45 Courageous
    Quite so, poppy. I filled in the form for my wife who has dexterity and eyesight problems. The questions were clear and further advice was plentiful if you needed it. Focus on saying how the descriptors apply to you and you’re then in the hands of the assessor.

Ours was first rate. But I am perturbed by the abundant reports on this forum that aver the assessor lied. The problem is that the assessor can legitimately disagree with the claimant’s interpretation. When they submit their report they’re not necessarily lying - at any rate not on all the occasions claimed - but rather presenting their version based on the evidence in front of them. 

The famous recent case of the “lying ****” is apposite. I have no truck with using such a derogatory term but reading the rest of the report I too thought the claimant was lying. Both parties cannot be right. Someone is withholding some or all of the truth.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission we must make sure that the community does not "contain content that can reasonably be regarded as intended to influence voters", and under Charity Commission guidance we must ensure Scope is neutral. 

Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.