Heard from DWP re: PIP Review Form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Heard from DWP re: PIP Review Form

Options
sheZZa
sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
My review form was completed with the help of a DWP support worker on 7 Jan who sent it off. They received it on 9th January. This Tuesday I spent all day unsuccessfully trying to get through on the phone to ask for an update as to what stage it was at.
Today I received a text from them stating “Thanks for sending us your 'How your disability affects you' form. We may need you to attend a consultation with a health professional before we make our decision. We'll contact you again if we do. Please call us if any of the details you gave us have changed.”
It has taken 12 weeks to get to this stage for anyone who may be wondering how long it takes although other areas, depending on where you live may take longer. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,009 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My daughters took 11 weeks to be sent to the health assessment providers, then 5 weeks for a decision but hers was a paper based assessment. I'm sure if it had been a face to face then it would have been a lot longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mercedesbd
    mercedesbd Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
    Options
    From the day I sent mine it was dead on 4 weeks to get my decision they received the forms on 21st August and I had decision by phone on the 21st September enhanced both for 3 years but this August I have the review mine was paper based, my friend just sent his forms back they got them 3 weeks ago he has a F2F in 6 days.
  • sheZZa
    Options
    @poppy123456
    the waiting to hear the decision is to stressful for everyone but it seems to be speeding up in some areas.  I’m pleased your daughter’s wasn’t to long although it must have seemed like an eternity to you. It’s a shame they don’t do more paper based assessments.
  • sheZZa
    Options
    @mercedesbd
    that was very quick on both accounts. Hopefully they’re going to speed things up for all of us so we have less time to feel stressed and anxious. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.