Maybe entitled to an underpayment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Maybe entitled to an underpayment?

maggie63
maggie63 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi there iv just joined this forum as iv just been told I maybe entitled to an underpayment  as I went over from incompasity benifit to ESA can someone explain to me if it's from the date you first went over to ESA to present day or other many thanks maggie63

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @maggie63 and welcome

If you have received an ESA 3 form it will tell you your applicable dates
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • maggie63
    maggie63 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi thank you for your reply and yes it was a esa 3 form with the dates on thank you 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    All you can do is complete the form to your best ability and then wait. Not everyone that recceives the form will get a backdated payment and with the number of people affected the waiting time is at least 12 weeks
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Silver925
    Silver925 Community member Posts: 106 Courageous
    They should have said on the letter from which date they want to know about. Mine said 2012/2013 period on cbesa.
  • FreshBlueSky
    FreshBlueSky Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    My (ESA underpayment) letter said it went back to 2013 I think, near a date when it crossed over from incapacity? But I guess it depends when you first claim as to how far back it will go. And in spite of the much talked of 12 or 13 weeks, I sent mine back on 19th December and still haven't heard from them. So it's 18 weeks up so far. I've tried to phone them but I get the Vivaldi spring hold music. The ESA auto phone also says if you're Universal Credit, to do it online. But UC are pretty clueless and shrug shoulders when it comes to ESA underpayment. But I did mention the wait to UC journal online and haven't heard anything back of course.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.