Pip reviews on pensioners — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip reviews on pensioners

Options
zany
zany Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Does anyone know when it will come into effect.?
For pensioners with disabilities  will not need to have reviews every year. instead will b every ten years ?!

Comments

• twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    No idea, I have asked the same question for a good friend of mine.
    The answer so far from another poster is that the 10 year award for pensioners will only happen after the next face to face assessment you have AND are awarded enhanced for mobility and care.
    So in effect you could have a 71 year old who currently has an award of enhanced/enhanced but until they requalify again at their next review they are not entitled to the 10 year award. Most OAP's that I know are asking the same sort of question, and are now worrying that they might lose/reduce their  current award at the next review so would not get the 10 year award.
  • zany
    zany Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Thought amber rudd said that it starts from the spring (april)
    No mention of needing to have a face to face assessment.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I suspect that if you are due for a review this year it will still happen.
    Anyone who is approaching SRA should be aware of the mobility restriction if applicable, in that the mobility element cannot be increased after SRA.
    If you are changing from DLA to PIP after SRA then the mobility award you accept will continue while you meet the criteria.
    If you are in Receipt of PIP before SRA and don't have the enhanced rate of mobility, if applicable, then you should consider putting in for a change of circumstance
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    zany said:
    Thought amber rudd said that it starts from the spring (april)
    No mention of needing to have a face to face assessment.
    Yes that is what she said but as of yet there has been no official stamping of that statement. A minister can say what they like - it was only a statement of intent -  but until it becomes enshrined in the PIP regulations very little can be done.
    I would also be very surprised that those pensioners who have an award of less than enhanced for both components would get the 10 year award.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.