Neighbour contacted DWP, now payments has stopped — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Neighbour contacted DWP, now payments has stopped

kodifan2019
kodifan2019 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Thank you for letting us join.
at the present time a vicious neighbour has ruined our lives by contacting the DWP and we were investigated and all monies stopped and has been for 7 months so it looks likely that we will have to sell our house just to live??
we are still awaiting our appeal just for walking our dog my wife’s DLA was stopped and my PIP was stopped although we both have had our many illnesses for over 40 years.
ITS ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING....... we both have now had to have counselling for breakdowns and are both mentally traumatised.????

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kodifan2019 and welcome

I am so sorry that this has happened to you, some people are jealous of those of us on benefits. They seem to think that we are all scroungers or layabouts but they certainly wouldn't want to change places.

Have you had trained help from an advice agency near you ? CAB, Welfare rights or similar ?

You should at least get a full benefits check done to see if there is anything that you are missing out on.

You might also consider contacting your MP, 7 months is far to long to be waiting on the outcome of a vicious allegation.

I am sure that other members will have some advice, but you might also phone the Scope Help line first thing in the morning
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    I agree, 7 months is a long time for the DWP to investigate benefit fraud that is unless it is a complex one.
    I also feel that all 'tip offs' should be fully investigated as claiming benefits is claimed on a needs basis and not on a want basis. After all the money comes from the pockets of the hard working taxpayers of this country.
    I regularly pass on photographs and a short statement as to what I have seen to the police, DWP and other authorities where in my opinion some possible illegal activity is taking place. Blue Badge abuse is a favourite of mine.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.