Just a quickie? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just a quickie?

Options
wild_one
wild_one Community member Posts: 95 Connected
If you are moved from Support group to the WRAG and successfully appeal the decision at tribunal, would the difference in payments be 'backdated'?

Thanks

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Options
    @wild_one
    If your appeal is successful your payments should be backdated to the time they were lowered.
       Debsidoo.x
  • wild_one
    Options
    Hmmm I've just received my backdated IB to ESAIR payment from DWP. They have included a breakdown of how they came about the figure. In 2016 I was moved from support to WRAG and appealed successfully. But on the DWP letter there is no mention. On my bank statement there doesn't seem to have been any change in my payments until well into 2017? I think I'll send DWP a letter asking them to look at 2016 more thoroughly?
  • wild_one
    Options
    debsidoo said:
    @wild_one
    If your appeal is successful your payments should be backdated to the time they were lowered.
       Debsidoo.x
    So, on looking at my bank statement. I received a decision notice in May that moved me into WRAG and I started the appeal process. My ESA payments dropped from £218 to £204. In September 29 my tribunal was won and I was placed back in support group. My ESA payment did not change until September 1 2017 when it moved to £251?

Weird?
  • wild_one
    edited April 2019
    Options
    ..... or maybe not? I thought it was weird anyway. I'm guessing that DWP assumed that my 'backpayment' assessment period was 2012 to 2016 because of this 'anomoly'. But, I suspect that my IB to ESA IR period should have been until 2017 as it looks as though over the 2016/2017 period I didn't qualify, being in what they thought was WRAG. Perhaps somebody didn't check I had won the tribubal. So, not only have I missed a year of IR topup, but also a year of SG payments too.

I've put all this in a letter to DWP, I don't expect to hear back!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.