Hi, my name is tigerlilylady! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is tigerlilylady!

tigerlilylady
tigerlilylady Community member Posts: 5 Listener
So nice to be here among so many others who understand how life is and how hard it can be to live as a disabled person. So hiya to you all ?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tigerlilylady welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @tigerlilylady it's nice to have you here with us. :) 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Lovely to have you here @tigerlilylady. How are you today? Please feel free to get involved in our recent discussions and if you need any advice or support, don't hesitate to ask! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • tigerlilylady
    Thanks for being so lovely, glad to meet you all ? I'm housebound unless my husband takes me out in our car. I can't get in lower cars as I have osteoarthritis and a neurological disorder which has taken over my life. What about you guys, do you get out and about? I'm envious if you do ? Only kidding. So nice to feel welcome like this, thank you.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Do you have a garden which you have access to? Or live near shops or anything?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • tigerlilylady
    Yes, we have an enormous garden, great for family/friends parties and barbecues etc. Only problem is that there is a step to get into the garden, which I can't manage alone. Due to neurological problems, I have bad balance, poor coordination and dizzy spells which lead to falls. So got to be careful. We live in a new build, along with around 80 other homes. Ours is a bungalow, perfect for my wheelchair, although I'm a rebel and insist on using my wheeled walker. Use them or lose them I think with regards to my legs. Shops are up the top of a steep hill. We are among the beautiful river and deer, other wildlife too. Very blessed. I rely on my hubby as my carer, he is in full time work, it keeps him kind of sane. ? He's in remission from leukaemia,  that Was hell to go through witb him suffering so much, definitely puts whats important in life in to crystal clear perspective. I almost lost him 3 times,  so knowing hes back full time is great. He does all cooking, housework, helps me with al I need. My Very own guardian angel. Sorry got to go for now. Our puppy needs to go outside. Bye for now.  
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tigerlilylady

Welcome it’s great to meet you today ? 

That sounds lovely I bet the bungalow is ideal for you!!!!!!

I also have a neurological condition that has turned my life upside down.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help  support you with 

@steve51
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @tigerlilylady, it's nice to hear back from you. 
    Is there any way your garden step can be adapted? Getting outside in the garden might be nice for you (when the weather improves! I can't believe how cold it has turned again).
    I'm so glad to hear your husband is in remission, it must have been a very hard time on the both of you. 
    What breed is your puppy?
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness