PIP MR advice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP MR advice

Options
braca
braca Community member Posts: 102 Pioneering
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello Scope Forum had F2F review decision in December sent in Mandatory reconsideration which was registered January and now into April have been told new evidence from myself was sent to assessment provider and DWP have contacted my own Doctor/Consultants for more information and reconsideration is moving on towards decision, has anyone any advice on this or have been in similar position ?.

Comments

• braca
    braca Community member Posts: 102 Pioneering
    Options
    Having searched through the forum I have found that a PA5 report should maybe be requested by myself to see if new evidence provided has resulted in higher award for PIP, but wont be holding breath on that...you never know what tricks assessors can get up to when it comes to the old pals act and looking after each other.
  • MickConnon
    MickConnon Community member Posts: 56 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @braca, Have just looked in on this post and although I am full time carer for my wife, I have found having copies of consultants letters copied and given to DWP along with the form . I always complete my wife's PIP form as I always base it on a bad day as she would be generous with these details or answer positively and probably not get what she is entitled to. I have come across some good assessors and some not so good. I know how the system works as have seen it professionally as a Nurse and for my wife. You have done the right thing in challenging it as something has obviously gone wrong.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.