Horribly lonely and downcast — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Horribly lonely and downcast

Options
cracker
cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
Hello, all. I used to be a regular here unti l had a series of calls that landed me in hospital and rehab.

I left rehab two weeks ago, was home for a week and tell again breaking many bones. So here I am again in rehab, so homesick. And they told me here that there is a limit to treatment. I.e., if .I do badly this time they will send me to a nursing home. I would rather be dead.

I am not receiving adequate medication for pain.

I have no family only my four dear cats who are waiting for me. Because I broke scrum, pelvis and tail bone, I cannot even walk out of here.

Thank everyone for reading. Sorry to go on for so long..

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cracker I am so sorry to hear what has happened! I spent 6 months last year in rehab and to begin with i didn't see the point in being there but gradually i started to improve and i ended up loving being there so much that i didn't want to come home!

Are you currently using any mobility aids?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @cracker, I'm so sorry to hear you've had so many bad falls of late and you're struggling with pain. Please don't apologise though - you are a member of our community, we value you and are here to support you. Have you spoken to anybody involved in your care regarding your pain medication?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,433 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    hi cracker, you have been through the wars by the sounds of it.. :( i hope you are on the mend and feel better soon
  • Roddy
    Roddy Community member Posts: 445 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @cracker, please keep your chin-up, as from one day to the next I am sure you'll feel some improvement over time. Please also speak to somebody medical about your pains and how best to manage it. There's always somebody here to chat with too. Take care, Rodders.
  • cracker
    cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    Options
    Thanks to everyone. Part of my discomfort is the nature of many of the staff. Medical personnel here often act fed up with their responsibilities and act as if they are doing you a favor.  I am alarmed, too, by the medical mistakes. They took the wrong body part for my X Ray and took me abruptly off some medications that must be reduced slowly. I seized several times.

So I Am not only lonely and disheartened, I cannot trust my caregivers.

Roddy, the country has gone overboard about pain killers. People stay in severe pain for fear of abuse.

Brightness