Parking fine at pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Parking fine at pip assessment

19sarahjane90
19sarahjane90 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
Today I have received a parking fine from the car park outside the pip assessment place I had to go to last week, I paid for the parking and I’m a blue badge holder but they claim I was 1 hour and 1 minute over my time I paid for but I paid £2 which is for 2 hours, they clocked me going in at 8:42 and I paid for parking at 8:44 and they clocked me leaving at 10:44 can anyone help please? My anxiety levels are sky high I’m so worried but also don’t think I should pay. It’s a private car park (parking eye) but the pip assessment building is in the car park 

Comments

• Threesticks
    Threesticks Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Hi, parking eye are, well lets say not nice. Do you have your parking ticket to prove you left on time? Second does it say anything in the car park about free parking for blue badge holders? You need to check both. Don't let them scare you into a knee-jerk response. 
    If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Check the pay and display signage terms and conditions. Also have you still got your parking ticket as prove of the parking time purchased? Remember it's only an invoice from the parking management company. It won't have anything to do with the acessment company.
  • 19sarahjane90
    It’s not clear about disable parking it says there’s only one space for disable parking, I’m not scared of people like this but I’m more worried about the parking charge when I know I paid the correct parking and that by law they have to allow a extra 10 minutes for you to get parked and pay and also they allow 20 mins free parking too 
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited April 2019
    Don't let it worry you they can't enforce it, ive had it before and told them to prove who was driving the car? They couldent prove who was driving and as we know the v5c is not necessary legal owner. 

I said to them prove a photo of the driver and I will get them to pay it as I lend my car out to a thousand different drivers, they couldent prove anything and they left it and I never paid. They need to prove it was you driving the said car. 

Dont be intimidated by the letters the onus is for them to prove who the driver was. They will only have a photo of the car.
    Good luck.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• KG100
    KG100 Community member Posts: 179 Pioneering
    Could it have anything to do with the clocks changing last week ?
    Perhaps it was late in changing over.
  • KG100
    KG100 Community member Posts: 179 Pioneering
    I'm probably wrong, but if the clock on the machine changed when you were there it would add an hour to your time. 
    But, then I suppose it would have happened to other people as well that day.
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger
    I tend to agree with @Government_needs_reform...

I'm fairly certain that only the police are able to require the registered keeper of a vehicle to disclose who the driver was...
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    cristobal said:

I'm fairly certain that only the police are able to require the registered keeper of a vehicle to disclose who the driver was...
    Police can indeed can issue parking fines in many situations @cristobal But in fact proper pay & display, only Council car parks are really the only ones that can enforce it and claim it in the courts for none payment.

Most people will pay these rouge traders that company's use are pretty much worthless most people will pay them as they feel intimidated and believe they should. No unless what I've stated above and can categorically prove it was your driving.

Its a game of you prove I was driving and il pay the fine it cannot be enforced.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• 19sarahjane90
    Thank you all for your advice and supported it’s appreciated 
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    cristobal said:

Police can indeed can issue parking fines in many situations @cristobal But in fact proper pay & display, only Council car parks are really the only ones that can enforce it and claim it in the courts for none payment.

Most people will pay these rouge traders that company's use are pretty much worthless most people will pay them as they feel intimidated and believe they should. No unless what I've stated above and can categorically prove it was your driving.

Its a game of you prove I was driving and il pay the fine it cannot be enforced.
    The keeper as identified by DVLA records is liable to pay the fine or inform the parking company who the driver was.

https://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/keeper-liability/
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @twonker, you are right, as The registered keeper you are responsible for fines occurred while the vehicle is being driven with your knowledge and consent, of course you can play had ball and say prove it , you have your parking ticket? Stating the start time of parking and amount of time bought and you know your leaving time so surly simple maths should prevail.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.