How do worsening health conditions affect pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do worsening health conditions affect pip

deb74
deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
I am on standard rate pip at the moment but my health is getting worse. I  am starting to have problems walking due to cervical spondylitis and osteo arthritis and becoming unsteady on my feet because my me is getting worse! How will it affect my pip if i tell the dwp? I have heard it can reduce your pip.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @deb74 are you due a review soon?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • deb74
    I have got my review next July.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi deb

Reporting a change in circumstance is a risky thing to do. Although we are required to do so, DWP are not interested if your condition gets worse. You really need to get trained help from an advice agency near you, before doing anything. If you do report a change then your whole award will be looked at and yes it is possible to lose the award you currently have
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • markyboy
    markyboy Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    Unless you are certain your condition has worsened to the point that it's going to affect you carrying out the descriptors leave well alone and wait for your review
  • Zebra88
    Zebra88 Community member Posts: 55 Courageous
    I second having a look at the descriptors. When you say standard rate do you mean standard mobility or just care? Because you have to get a lot of points to get mobility and like others have said you may end up with someone with entirely different opinions on your current award and losing it over something that wouldn't have affected your award anyway.
  • deb74
    Hi zebra88. I am on standard daily living I wasn't given mobility. It looks like I had better leave things until my review

Brightness