I'm trying to work through the PIP process — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm trying to work through the PIP process

jitterbug
jitterbug Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I've joined the community hoping to get some advice to help my daughter with a PIP claim. She has started a claim and as her 'Appointee' I'm helping out however it seems clear that we should have secured current supporting evidence before submitting paperwork but we have had significant delays getting this - letters form professionals regarding mental health assessments etc. 

My question is can we drop the claim and start a new one when we have gotten written evidence together?

Cheers

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    There is little to gain by cancelling your daughters current claim, however you should submit any evidence that you manage to aquire asap. It is likely that your daughter will be required to attend a f2f assessment where her functionality will be assessed by an HCP who will then make a recomendation to the DWP. In many cases the succes of a claim is decided by the f2f, evidence from professionals usually only supports the findings of the HCP
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • jitterbug
    Thank you for such a quick response. Your answer makes sense if primary weighting is given to the view of the assessor. My daughter's difficulties are more to do with learning and social interaction and mental health and are hard to evaluate at a short F2F interview but I suppose we lose nothing if we proceed. 

Cheers
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jitterbug

“Welcome”

Yes I have just started my “PIP Journey”

Yes I have had the same problems but I have had to dust down as much info as I could.

My Poor Health has been ongoing since 1998 with lots of ups & down’s.

They will get there own info from your “GP & other health professionals”

Yes you may need to attend a f2f.

We have got some info/advice for you please please let me know if this would be helpful????

@steve51
  • jitterbug
    Thanks for your response. Any advice is really appreciated at this stage. We have to submit this week and we have done a lot of work on the paper submission but it all seems very unpredictable.
    Cheers

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.