PIP Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Tribunal

Options
joe1612
joe1612 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi,

Can anyone help me with this question.
I am attending my PIP Tribunal and will be taking a friend for support.  The tribunal is for my PIP only.  I receive ESA benefit and want to know is this discussed at the tribunal because I don't really want my friend knowing what benefits I get also.

Many thanks

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

There is no reason for the tribunal to discuss any other benefit, their concern is with your PIP claim and determining if and how you meet the criteria. 

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • lindadenise
    lindadenise Community member Posts: 302 Pioneering
    Options
    I went to Tribunal and they did not mention my ESA only focus on your PIP.
    Goodluck 
  • joe1612
    Options
    Many thanks for your replies

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @joe1612,
    A friend in need is a friend in deed. Not wanting your friend to know what other benefits you are claiming say much about your friendship with them lack of trust. He or she has given their time to go and support you and your worried they may know more than you would, wish them to know. confidentiality, trust springs to mind.
  • joe1612
    Options
    mmmm dont be socquick to judge,  i love my friend dearly and you have no idea why i dont want her knowing ....
  • Annasun
    Annasun Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hello mum had a call to say don't come with daughter to pip tribunal as have been given pip. Had 0 points for 4 years, claims and lots of stress. When will I get my letter to say how many years I get ut for and whst rate? 
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    edited April 2019
    Options
    joe1612 said:
    mmmm dont be socquick to judge,  i love my friend dearly and you have no idea why i dont want her knowing ....
    I agree, friendship or no friendship or trust, there are many things that I would wish to keep private even from my wife.
    Most of them are personal issues that are embarrassing to talk about or admit to.
    When either of us goes to the GP I go in alone as she does without me. 40 years anniversary this year!
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What benefits you receive is of no concern to anyone else. We have seen difficulties when letting people know what you are claiming and jealousy steps in. It might be just an innocent comment from a friend to someone else and then you are under investigation
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    What benefits you receive is of no concern to anyone else. We have seen difficulties when letting people know what you are claiming and jealousy steps in. It might be just an innocent comment from a friend to someone else and then you are under investigation
    When I was getting High Mobility on DLA before I was forced onto PIP and lost the lot, I refused to get a Motability car for that very same reason. Flashing a new car at the neighbours would surely be a reason for them to get jealous and where would that end up?. The same with a Blue Badge. We never used it as again you have no idea who would see it and wonder why I had it. 
  • joe1612
    Options
    Many thanks to the lovely people for their comments, and understanding of where I'm coming from

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.