if I do return to work will that affect my pip benefit? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

if I do return to work will that affect my pip benefit?

Options
Bella10
Bella10 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
edited April 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi just needing some advice please. I’m currently on the sick from work and applied for pip which I was awarded standard living allowance only. I’m wanting to go bk to work but only for 16hrs a wk which is less than I was doin prior but due to my disability being worse now I’m not able to go bk to my original hrs. Just want to know that if I do return to work will that affect my pip benefit? 

Comments

• mercedesbd
    mercedesbd Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
    Options
    You can claim PIP working or not it’s not based on your working circumstances, but I guess if they think ur fit for work then they’ll think ur fit to do the daily activities as there a joke 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Bella10 and welcome

As long as the work you do does not conflict with the reasons for your PIP claim, then there should be no effect.

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Bella10 how are you doing today? :)

On the Citizen Advice website, it says:  You don't have to report the following changes because they don't affect whether you can get PIP or how much you get:

being in work, returning to work or leaving work

changes in your earnings or other income 

You can read more on Changes that affect your PIP here. Please keep us updated on how it goes, or if you have any questions please let us know.

• Threesticks
    Threesticks Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Options
    It's not a means tested Benefit. So yes you can still work. I do, I can't take on manual tasks any more but I still work in the office at a desk.  So I still pay our MP's their well deserved £80k + their expenses, a year through the Tax purse. Sorry for the sarcasm ;)
    If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.
  • Bella10
    Options
    To be fair I was Neva asked if I work or not. Wud they even know?
  • Bella10
    Options
    Thanku everyone you have all helped massively, been so anxious about everything. My job is also an office job with no manual jobs. ?
  • Threesticks
    Threesticks Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Bella10 said:

I was asked several times at my F2F if I worked. The interviewer seamed taken aback, I'm disabled not dead, well just not yet :D    
    If you fight, you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always always lose.
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    Options
    Bella10 said:

I was asked several times at my F2F if I worked. The interviewer seamed taken aback, I'm disabled not dead, well just not yet :D    
    The reason for them asking that question is that working could indicate that the level of the impact claimed way well be overstated.
    It all depends on the type of work you do.
    Much like the question about driving. If you say you do then the assessor is likely to assume that you are more able and capable than what you claim to be.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.